1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.

Simmons shotgun barrels ?

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Hammer1, Apr 28, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hammer1

Hammer1 Active Member

Occasionally see shotgun with Simmons barrels.

I take it that these are complete replacement barrels and not just modified or customized factory barrels.

Am I right ?

Is Simmons still in business and making complete custom barrels ?

What is their reputation in the trap shooting community ?

2. Trapmanjohn

Trapmanjohn Member

I had a 32" Remington 1100 1 inch high rib barrel with a .755 bore made for me by Simmons. It was a great barrel. I broke about 11 199s and about 3 200s and I got back to the 27 with that barrel. Simmons will make an excellent barrel for you.

Hit 'em hard,

John
  3. bonzai272

bonzai272 TS Member

Simmons Gun Specialities is still in business and they have a good reputation. They dont only make custom barrels, they can also add to your existing barrel.

http://simmonsguns.com/
  4. gun1357

gun1357 Member

They have made several for me with excellent results. Ron
  5. WesleyB

WesleyB Active Member

built a new rib for my daughters browning great work !!!!! Still going strong
  6. mette56

mette56 Active Member

In 1974, I had Simmons make a 32" Beretta AL2 barrel (before Beretta made a 32" autoloader barrel)and still shoot it today. Several hundreds of thousands of rounds through it. Wore out maybe three receivers, but not the barrel. Probably the best patterning full choke I've ever had. Back in the day when Mount and Ernie were still around.

milt
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.