1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

simmons scopes

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by ricks1, Dec 14, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ricks1

ricks1 TS Member

want to tell you that the simmons scopes and the warnty is a bunch of BULL SHIT as a dealer will NOT sell them any more so be ware the new one is trash rick

2. halfmile

halfmile Well-Known Member

HUH? Which dealer? Which model?

Obviously an unhappy customer, but we need more than you have given us.

HM

3. FarmerD

FarmerD TS Member

halfmile, He is the dealer and will not sell them anymore. FD

4. Gargoyle!

Gargoyle! TS Member

Leupold and Zeiss only.

5. ricks1

ricks1 TS Member

I bought a new Aetec master in 4 X14 they have been very hard to get got the one that has the side focus. The side focus nob would not turn. This is a new out of box scope you have to send them $10 and pay for shipping to send back. They sent me a new scope but was a 2 x 8 power. I called the 800 no and was on hold for 34 min a guy gets on the phone and i give him the order no and said they sent the wrong scope he said they REPAIRED the scope i sent i said that it was not the scope i sent and they sent wrong one said i would have to fax a copy of the receipt so they knew that i had bought it and they would REVIEW it that is B S to me rick

6. halfmile

halfmile Well-Known Member

I had a 44 Mag and loved it. I guess they turned up the marketing spigot.

Made in China, screwed in USA.

HM

7. School Teacher

School Teacher Well-Known Member

I had one many years ago, a 3x9, and it had a very short eye relief. I would never buy one again.

Entry level Leupold’s are around $200 and all Leupold’s have lots of eye relief.

You get what you pay for in a scope. The cheap ones may be clear and bright but their adjustments are often not precise.

If you want a scope, buy a Leupold. You can spend more money but you can't improve much on a top end Leupold.

8. Dave P

Dave P TS Supporters TS Supporters

If I'm not mistaken, there was a poster on this site here not long ago that experessed the opinion that "Simmons was one of the one of then best kept secrets on scopes there is". Not my opinion, his/hers.

9. deercreek

deercreek Well-Known Member

I used many Simmon's prior to being able to afford Leupold's. Once Simmons even upgraded one when I did have a problem. I still use Simmon's on several of my guns. You do get what you pay for in optics.

10. Quack Shot

Quack Shot Active Member

Simmons, Weaver, and Redfield are all subsidiaries of Meade Instruments that manufacture Telecopes and other instruments. You get what you pay for, but when compared to some of the low cost imports, Simmons has done well for me recently. I had one of their older scopes that was a dissapointment, but two recently purchased scopes were a pleasant surprise. I can't speak for their service, since I did not need to have anything repaired or adjusted. A friend may send his Redfield in for service, so I'll let you all know how he makes out if he does. I believe that most of these scopes are engineered in the USA, but manufactured overseas.

http://www.simmonsoptics.com/

http://www.meade.com/

http://www.weaveroptics.com/

http://www.redfieldoptics.com/

11. ricks1

ricks1 TS Member

guys i dont have any problem with the scope its clear and better than the old ones the service is what sucks i sent a 4 x 14 in they returned a 2 x 8 and then tell me i have to PROVE i had a 4 x 14 rick

12. Quack Shot

Quack Shot Active Member

ricks1

What about your dealer? If it was that way when you purchased it, I would have sent it back for a replacement. If they can't, maybe they can provide a receipt for you? Service can be the deal killer. Like I said, I can't speak for their service since I've not had the opportunity to need it.

13. redix

redix TS Member

Stick to Leupolds: Great value, best warranty!

14. BustClays

BustClays Member

Low Price, High Quality, Availability, You can have any two, but you are following a fantasy if you think you can get all three. Take any product in any market and you will see the truth in this statement. You decide which one you want to give up.

bustclays

15. jamiebanker

jamiebanker Member

I drew a tag in Kansas this year. I was sighting my rifle in the weekend before the trip. Had a Simmons Aetec and the crosshair broke on what should have been my last shot. Took a Leupold from another rifle and resighted. Killed a nice 8 point, no thanks to Simmons. Won't buy another one.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.