1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Simmons rib

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by johnboy, Jun 18, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. johnboy

johnboy Member

I decided to put a vent rib on M12 3" duck gun. I intended to have Simmons put the rib on and have the gun blued by Wright's who I have used in the past and do excellent work. I talked with Larry at Simmons and it is the same price if they blue the gun or not. Since I will not save any money by Simmons not bluing the gun I may let them blue it. I am looking for opinions on bluing done by Simmons. Thanks

2. napawino

napawino TS Supporters TS Supporters

I just got a Model 42 back from having a rib installed. Their bluing looks great. I would not hesitate to have them blue the gun.
    Fred

3. ziegmund

ziegmund Active Member

some time ago (10 yrs or more) they placed a rib and blued my 1926 nickel steel model 12 still looks great

4. AAtrap

AAtrap Well-Known Member

I presently own 3 guns that have Simmon's Ribs installed on them (all blued by them). An 1100/410, a Mod. 12, and a Daly O/U. The 410 was done about 1974. I have shot all three guns extensively and they all still look great. Don't worry--have them blue it.

Steve

5. WesleyB

WesleyB Well-Known Member

I had them put a rib on an Browning XS and blued by them 4 years ago.. all is well!

WesleyB

6. mette56

mette56 Well-Known Member

Simmons blueing done 35 years ago...still as new and gun has been shot and transported from coast to coast. Blueing on Beretta AL2 barrel has lasted thru 3 new receivers worn out and replaced.

milt

7. johnboy

johnboy Member

Thanks for the responses, I will have Simmons do the bluing.

8. g7777777

g7777777 TS Supporters TS Supporters

I have had them do a model 12 also

Perfect work

Regards from Iowa

Gene

9. Remingtondon

Remingtondon TS Member

Larry just did an unsingle MX barrel for me. Cut off the old rib, installed a new one, set the pattern to 90/10, blued and returned. It's beautiful and all he said he could do and more was done. If Simmons is doing the rib, let them do the whole job, they have been at it as long as anyone in the business and know their stuff!

Don

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.