1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Simmons or Moneymaker Rib?

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by otnot, Oct 21, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. otnot

otnot Active Member

I'm planning on having my old MX8 updated with a new rib that is higher in the back to compensate for the height that I have had to raise my comb to attain my POI. So does anyone out there have experience with either Simmons or Moneymaker?

2. otnot

otnot Active Member

My gun is just a tool to me and anything I can do to make it fit my style of shooting only betters the tool if not the value. I have tried the add on ribs and the one I had only acted like a heat sink and caused more heatwaves.
    I will definitely talk to both companies before making my decision. I'm leaning towards Moneymakers low profile adjustable rib. I didn't know Dennis did metal work but will check with him as well.

Thanks
    Jim

3. superxjeff

superxjeff Active Member

Moneymaker has shown on this web site how they handle customer service and it wasn't pretty. I wouldn't trust my work to anybody but Roger Eubanks in Idaho. He does all the Alferman ribs. I have 3 or 4 of his ribs and they are always just what was asked for. I know many people that have had excellnt luck with Moneymaker but after seeing how the guy handeled a customer complaint right here on Trapshooters.com I could never risk using his service. The guy seems to think he is incapable of making a mistake and handeled the cutomer complaint the same way. I guess as long as your rib turns out OK Moneymaker is great. Pay the extra money and use Roger and don't look back. Jeff

4. Simmons guns

Simmons guns TS Member

New managment new attitude helps here, the place is fun to work at again and there's no pressure to get the gun out.
    Which ever one you go with make sure everyone is on the same page with how and what you are wanting.
    We don't do an adjustable rib, i want to still do this but the solid rib's have taken up all the extra time for us.

5. otnot

otnot Active Member

Thanks for reminding me about that Jeff. How to get ahold of Roger Eubank?

6. superxjeff

superxjeff Active Member

phone # for roger (208)337-4212 He is always booked so he will tell you when to send the barrel in order for him to work on it instead of it sitting in his shop for 3 months. Jeff

7. mette56

mette56 Well-Known Member

Jim, you have a PM

8. mette56

mette56 Well-Known Member

Jim, Change my vote to Dennis @ 330-936-5102...hands down!

9. otnot

otnot Active Member

I just want to thank all who have posted. Two new options came to view, Dennis and Roger. Complicates things a bit but it sure is better than thinking about politics.

Jim

10. squirrelkiller

squirrelkiller TS Member

I'll have to vote for Simmons. I had them put a rib on an o/u barrel to match the top single and they did a great job. Blue was wonderful also. Good folks to deal with.

Rod

11. Quick 1

Quick 1 Active Member

I had Moneymaker install their low profile adjustable rib on my TM1. I am very happy with it and it shoots where I requested the POI. This rib is higher than the factory rib on my TMX and I had to extend the pins in my adjustable comb. With the high adjustable rib, a custom stock may be required to gain enough height. My dealings with Jay Barnes on this project were excellent.
    Mike McGee

12. J.Woolsey

J.Woolsey Member

Simmons installed an Olympic style rib on a Mod 12 for me a year and 1/2 or so back. Turn around was fast, bluing quality excellent. They called me and recommended a bit of needed gunsmithing, that I was unaware of. Questioned me extensively as to my shooting style, and what I wanted in POI. I am very pleased with their work, have used them on a number of Mod 12's over a 40+ year period. Never had a reason to complain. Haven't used anyone else, I'm sure the others do equally good work. I've been kicking myself for letting that one go. Luckily I'm just about to get it back. Haven't shot a respectable Caps score since trading it off. J.Woolsey

13. gun fitter

gun fitter TS Member

Dennis Makes add on ribs from Delron. A much better choice almost eliminates heat waves. For me the best choice followed by an adj rib.
    Joe

14. otnot

otnot Active Member

FYI Just talked to Dennis and he will not put a rib on a Perazzi. He says the original rib is put on with the barrel under stress and when you take the rib off it quote "heads south". His word is good enough for me and may have saved me a lot of aggravation. He did suggest the delron rib as an alternative. So now it's either the delron rib or a new gun.

15. lbshootin

lbshootin Active Member

I have Simmons ribs on both my Unsingle and O/U MX8 barrels, and they did an excellent reblue job on the whole gun...Highly Recommended!..Saving my $$ now for them to do my Grand-dad's Model 12, They did a BLACK CHROME reblue on it a few years back, still beautiful, now I am thinking about a rib for it....wouldn't trust that gun to anyone else!..LarryB

16. lbshootin

lbshootin Active Member

Oh, and I tried MONEYMAKER, but they would not return my emails or phone calls..must not need my money!...lb

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

money maker ribs

money maker shotgun ribs

moneymaker ribs

moneymaker ribs reviews

moneymaker shotgun ribs

simmons olympic rib
simmons rib

simmons ribs for shotguns