1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Simmons Guns

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by jmac_cope, Dec 19, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jmac_cope

jmac_cope Active Member

I tried to google up Simmons Guns to arrange for a Mod 12 restoring job. Their website in no longer up and running. (expired) Does anyone know if they are still in business?

2. grntitan

grntitan Well-Known Member

There is only one Model 12 guru. That is Stu wright.

3. TOOLMAKER 251

TOOLMAKER 251 Active Member

Matt, do you know the difference between Wright and Simmons?

4. grntitan

LOL. I do. Just helping a local guy. I know Stu and his wife personally. That's all. You can't deny Stu's restoration work on the Model 12.

5. TOOLMAKER 251

The best person to send a model 12 to for a rebuild would be NuLine.

6. grntitan

TOOLMAKER,

Now we are arguing opinions but neither of us answered the OP's question. I concede as I don't know the answer. :)

7. TOOLMAKER 251

If you want to call Simmons their # is 913-782-3131 Matt, Nuline purchased all of Winchester's remaining parts on many models, they have been in the business for over 60 years. Simmons did rib work for the Winchester Co. I think they ribbed all Win. model 42 guns that left the factory with a rib.

8. EEB

EEB Member

I have been told Simmons is undergoing a change in ownership. The prior owner, Jim Wright, has or is selling the business. I believe the new owner is a former employee of Mr. Wright. Don't know why the website would be down.

9. halfmile

halfmile Well-Known Member

Mashy linky.

HM

10. Don 2004

Don 2004 TS Member

Thay are still in business,however i did not have goodluck with them. i want go into details. good luck Don

11. LOSTPAIR

LOSTPAIR TS Member

I have had several dealings with Simmons Guns, both in repairs of original M-12's and have had then rebuild guns of mine. A+++ Might be the holidays why its hard to get them. If you are having a gun redone by them the wood they offer is awesome. I have had three super x 1's done by Wright's and also have bought stuff from Nu-Line and all are great, but M-12's will go back to Simmons.

12. J.Woolsey

J.Woolsey Member

I've had Simmons rib, reblue and rebuild many Mod-12s over the years. I've never had anything less than outstanding results. If anything was found that had not been discussed a phone call always came before additional work was done. I've used them since 1962, lost count of the refurbishings they have done for me. I do recall each as having quality work, done at a reasonable price. J.W.

13. Dr.Longshot

Dr.Longshot Banned Banned

I second that

Gary Bryant
    Dr.longshot

14. eightbore

eightbore Well-Known Member

simmonsguns.com There are other web addresses that are represented as Simmons address, but are not. They are still in business.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.