1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Simmons Gun Repair

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by 22hornet, Mar 5, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 22hornet

22hornet Well-Known Member

I have a nice little 30's era Model 12 20 gauge that I'm going to use for my quail and dove gun. It's in pretty good shape, but it's just a standard field grade, with a LOP and stock pitch that's just wrong for my oddball body. I'm thinking of sending it to Simmons for a new stock and solid rib. Is Simmons still the go to place for Model 12's? I have a 12 gauge that has a Simmons rib, but it was done years ago. Any thoughts or critiques on Simmons?

2. fishguts

fishguts Member

I was impressed by the rib Moneymaker put on......

Wayne

3. short shucker

short shucker TS Member

Simmons is definitly the place to go as far as ribs and M-12's are concerned.

The wood part of the equasion would be better handled by Phil Simms (walnutmaker). The pic's that have been posted on this site recently of his M-12 wood is outstanding.

ss

4. acss

acss Well-Known Member Supporting Vendor

simmons has access to a very good wood worker- i agree that p simms is the wood man, but i wud talk to larry at simmons and i am sure they can get you fixed up--one caution tho-- they are way behind-will prbably take 4 months and DONT call them once you have turned the gun over to them--- they make it a point to say -they will call you!!!!!-- last time i was in there- they had a reconditioned 20ga mdl 12 w/ upgraded wood forsale-- i still cant get over, that i didnt buy it!nice job!!!!!!

5. 22hornet

Thanks for the replies. I'm in no hurry for the gun. It's just a shame to have such a nice little shooter in the safe when it would be a dandy quail gun for lugging around the hills where I hunt. I think I'll get in touch with Simmons.

Thanks again,

Hornet

6. acss

acss Well-Known Member Supporting Vendor

fyi--there are 2 simmons companies in the kc ks area- 1 is a wholesale dist.- the other is in olathe ks which is them

7. Mike K P

Mike K P Member

Had them put a rib on my model 12. Really nice job. Mike.

8. OldRemFan

OldRemFan Member

I had Simmons put a ventilated rib on a 20 ga. model 12, with a 26" modified barrel back in the early 70's. Best quail gun I have ever hunted with, and one that I would not part with. I think you will not regret having it done. You may want to consider a ventilated rib.

9. J.Woolsey

J.Woolsey Member

I've had many ribs installed by Simmons on various Mod 12's over a period of 35+ years. I have never had a bad experience. Check out their website they are now doing much more than just ribs and rebluing.

10. mallardfilmore

mallardfilmore TS Member

Simmons Gun Repair and Sales, Inc.
    700 South Rogers Road
    Olathe, Kansas 66062 USA
    Ph 913-782-3131
    Fx 913-782-4189

11. 22hornet

Thanks for the helpful replies. I'm going to send the gun to Simmons. Probably in the early summer, as soon as I round up some rat hole cash.(Going to sell some vintage Triumph stuff) I'll post some pictures when I get the gun back.

Thanks again, everyone.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page
rebluing in olathe ks

simmons gun repair

simmons gun repair forums
simmons gun repair olathe
trap gun repair california
trap guns repair