1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Silver Seitz

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by sglfr45, Jun 19, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sglfr45

sglfr45 TS Member

The other day at the club I overheard a gentleman said he had paid for a Silver Seitz in handicap winnings. I found it hard to believe, but could it be true? Matt

2. grnberetcj

grnberetcj Active Member

Over the 20 years of registered targets that I've shot, I have won quite abit of money and have used the winnings to support this habit.

But, a couple of years ago I decided not to play any options for a year and take the savings and put it into a Disney World vacation fund for the grandchildren. In that 1st year I saved enough for the 2 grandchildren and my wife and I to spend a week in DW without tapping into another account.

Now if I don't shoot anything (practice, meats, pigeons, registered, etc) for a year then I'm sure I'd have enough saved to buy a up-graded Seitz....

Just a thought???

Curt - Delaware

3. sglfr45

sglfr45 TS Member

So is everyone saying that this gun will make you a better shot? Matt

4. Setterman

Setterman Well-Known Member

I figured I'd have my Seitz paid for by 2010....if I quit shooting.

5. phirel

phirel TS Member

Matt- I did not ready anything about a Seitz making anyone a better shot. A well fitting Rem. 870 is much superior than a poorly fitting Seitz. But, a well fitting Seitz is a great gun to shoot.

Pat Ireland

6. sglfr45

sglfr45 TS Member

I might need to clarify my first posting. I was looking at buying a Silver Seitz, but did not have the money to pay for it without a loan. The gentleman was saying to get it and not worry about it, because once I started shooting it my winnings would cover the payments. Matt

7. Dr.Longshot

Dr.Longshot Banned Banned

Bowen guns jump open when fired. Don't know if they have the problem fixed yet.
    Thats the word from the Texas area shooters.

Dr.longshot

8. alfermann66

alfermann66 Member

Matt, owning a Silver Seitz, or any other particular gun will NOT make you a All America shooter. The seller was conning you. A quality built and well fitting gun will allow you to better reach your potential.

Buz

9. Charles L. Schmidt

Charles L. Schmidt TS Member

The great thing about a Silver Seitz (besides how well it feels and points) is the fact that it will shoot nearly the exact same from shot 1 to shot 100,000+. AND, with a very fast trigger (one of the fastest). This with almost zero maintenance. There are a couple other's in this same category, but not many.

Remington and Browning make some great guns, but they're going to need a lot more attention, a lot more often than a Silver Seitz.

But it will not make a great shooter out of anyone, no gun will. cls

10. KelleyPLK

KelleyPLK TS Member

It wasnt the Gun , A good gun builds more confidence ! But the shooter holds the skill or doesnt hold the skill . Practice and See the Big Dogs who put on Clinics ! Personally I like Phil Kiner,s clinics vision seeing targets

11. 1Trapshooter1

1Trapshooter1 TS Member

They won't make you a better shooter, of course not. However, they are well-crafted, have nice wood, fast triggers, and they're extremely reliable. I mean, come on, anybody would rather shoot a K-80 over an 1100, or in this case a Seitz.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

silver seitz fast trigger

silver seitz trigger fast