1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

silver seitz ??

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by pdq, May 21, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. pdq

pdq Member

Sam:

I would suggest you call them directly as I believe you can order direct from them, or they can point you to a dealer. I have the benefit of living less than 2 hours away, so made a couple of visits there, ordered the gun to my specs, then when it was complete, they shipped it to a gun dealer near me for delivery. After I took delivery, I wanted to have it fitted for screw-in chokes and sent it to Tom Wilkinson. But, I only had to send him the barrel given that he shoots a SS, and after the work was done, he put my barrel on his gun to verify the pattern.

They are definately built to last. Rich Phillips explained the process of building the receiver. Starting with a block of stainless steel, it gets machined. Then heated treated for hardness. Then any part thats going to move against another is coated in titanium.

Their adjustable ribs come in 2 POI ranges and 3 rib heights. Nice thing is that if you start out with one then feel like you need something different, they'll swap it for another for an exchange fee. They have very fast lock time and a very good trigger.

Search the archives and you'll find consistent praise for their service. Great people to deal with. I've been shooting mine for about 18 months now and fully expected my scores to drop when I switched guns. Never happened. What did happen was an increase in scores and more 25s.

Given I own one, I'm obviously biased, but at the end of the day, they are great guns, built and serviced by great people.

Pete

2. Hitapair

Hitapair Active Member

Try a Bowen b4 you buy the Seitz. If you like quality you'll appreciate a Bowen.

3. KEYBEAR

KEYBEAR Active Member

Hitapair You should also try a Silver Seitz ? I have had both and now have a Silver Seitz again .

4. Big Al 29

Big Al 29 TS Member

Pete, sell him your Ludjic.

THAT is a shooter!!!!

Built like a friggin tank and shoots ink balls after ink balls.

Bring it for Mark, he probably would love shooting a 200 with it. Good marketing for the gun too.

See you Sunday at Trap 1 Millington.

Jeff

5. Setterman

Setterman Well-Known Member

All I can say is this. Richie and the guys at seitz will try to satisfy you if you have any problems. The gun has great balance, it's built like a tank but doesn't feel like one. A very fast trigger which requires a higher POI than a K or P-gun. I have a 35" Titanium and I think it's the best gun out there. I have a K-gun, Super Scroll combo for sale if you change your mind!

6. PerazziBigBore

PerazziBigBore TS Member

AA27ZZ.. you got it right.. There is nothing out there that has the dynamics of a Titanium Seitz.. shy of my Titanium Cole.. and the Seitz has a vastly quicker locktime.. Richie is GREAT to work with and I wish you great success with your new trapgun.. The Titanium Seitz is one of the all time greats.. All Good..Mike

7. GBatch_25

GBatch_25 Active Member

You can buy new and you will get a great gun made just the way you want it.

OR you can look around and find a used one and turn it into what you want (and probably save a few $). The guns are so well made that it'd be hard for anyone to wear one out. The one I shoot was one of the first 10 that AIM made in the early 90's and it still shoots and looks like new.

When I bought mine used, I called Rich and had him switch out the release trigger and go over the gun. He has treated me the same as if I had bought the gun new from him.

Great people, great product and fun to shoot with.

Gene Batchelar
    Wheaton, IL

8. roscoeparker

roscoeparker Member

Buy the silver seitz they are excellent guns and Jerry and Ritchie are great people to deal with. Call seitz direct and ask for Ritchie Phillips he can give you what ever you want. Bill Parker

9. smoky

smoky Member

i've owned a kolar and currently own a seitz. i think the seitz is a good gun, and shoots exremely well. but, their service doesn't compare to kolar. kolar's service is in a class by itself. just my opinion. scott

10. krieghoffkrusher

krieghoffkrusher TS Member

I couldn't agree more on the Seitz. Great gun with is built with quality second to none. While the plunger style firing pin does result in mathatically faster lock times the difference over other quality guns is imperceivable. What most people attribute to lock time is just a crisper trigger than they are used to. Seitz guns are also stock heavey and swing quicker than many shooters are used to. I shot one for about a year and then went back to my K-80. It just balanced better for my shooting style.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page
silver seitz

silver seitz dealers

silver seitz guns
silver seitz opens by itself
silver seitz swings to fast barrel weight