1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Silver Seitz the Good and Bad

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by KEYBEAR, Dec 17, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. KEYBEAR

KEYBEAR Active Member

Well after four Silver Seitz guns the only down side you will never have anything but a Silver Seitz .

If you shoot a release trigger Seitz is the very best . The gun is the very top of the line no place to go but down after a Silver Seitz .

Now if you realy are buying this is the best time alot of very good deals on nice guns .

2. Setterman

Setterman Well-Known Member

Below I have listed all the bad things about a Seitz:

3. VAMiket

VAMiket Member

I bought a BT99 from CalvinMD (great transaction) about 2 1/2 years ago for a gun to shoot until I made up my mind which gun I really wanted to buy. I shot a Seitz and really liked the gun but held off 1 1/2 years shooting guns I thought would interest me. After 1 1/2 years I went back to the Seitz, bought one from Tuttle Creek (another great transaction)and can say I really enjoy shooting the gun. Very low recoil, easy to clean, hits targets hard just generally a very pleasant gun to shoot. Additionally, when I see Ritchie at a shoot he checks the gun over and treats me like family. The majority of guns available to trap shooters are well built and well serviced. It boils down to personal preference. Shoot one and you will know if it's right for you.

4. Joen

Joen Member

I bought my first Seitz in Sept. this year bought only the iron from Seitz and went to Weings and had a stock fit, I think the fit is as important as having a good gun. broke a 98 on Sunday at the Missouri Fall Handicap with it, two weeks after I got it. first time I broke higher than a 96 in handicap,I got my from Rob Taylor he did a great job, getting the barrel to Tom Wilkinson for choke tubes, and setting up the appointment at Weings. He did all of that as part of the purchase agreement I only paid him, he took care of everything.

5. rick979

rick979 Active Member

The guys at Seitz are first class. Rick ~~~Texas

6. GBatch_25

GBatch_25 Active Member

I've owned many major brands and found the Silver Seitz to be the best for me. The best trigger, in terms of crispness. You pull. Gun go boom. Great service from Rich and I bought mine used - he still treats me like I'd want if I bought it new. Easy to clean - not many nooks and crannies that need to be gotten to. Stylish - if you are into how your gun looks, a Silver Seitz is generally an eye grabber. Many folks will come up to you and ask "How in heck do you open that gun?" Recoil - both real and perceived - seems lighter to me than other guns.

The bad - I have a fixed rib SS and want an adjustable rib model.

Gene Batchelar
    Wheaton, IL

7. ebsurveyor

ebsurveyor Member

good points: best gun available
    bad points: none

8. bigben

bigben Active Member

Being a trap gun junkie, and echoing owners above, I'm so very fortunate to own all the major brands, the best for me is the Silver Seitz so far, make sure you get one that impacts higher than what you own now as the dynamics of the gun lend itself to this end, incinerate em!

9. Sky Buster

Sky Buster Sky Buster TS Supporters

There's only one downside to a Silver Seitz. The price! The gun is
    the best trap gun available bar none, if you can afford it.

10. Post  2

Post 2 TS Member

A squad member put some "Slick Fifty" on his silver Seitz a few years ago and the fore end came off every time he fired it. Took a while for him to get it all cleaned up but boy did he take a ribbing for a while. Post-2

11. short shucker

short shucker TS Member

Post-2,

You didn't need slick 50 to make the forearms come off, they did it quite often without it.

ss

12. j2jake

j2jake Well-Known Member

I have #67 and am very happy. Added adjustable rib barrel and got happier. Down side is I can't buy all that come avail on TS.com, my stock is ugly (PFS) my forearm does not come off when shot and I don't have shell sticking problems. Jake

13. KEYBEAR

KEYBEAR Active Member

Gary if your happy shooting THAT gun I,m happy .

14. GBatch_25

GBatch_25 Active Member

Gary:
    Who ever told you a SS NEEDS annual service was pulling your leg. I have it done as preventive maintenance. Most manufacturers recommend it, maybe even the one who makes that gun in your pic.

Gene Batchelar
    Wheaton, IL

15. PerazziBigBore

PerazziBigBore TS Member

Only thing better than a Silver Seitz.. is a Titanium Silver Seitz..

16. shotslinger

shotslinger Member

Does anyone know how much a standard Silver Sietz weigh versus a titanium Seitz??

17. alfermann66

alfermann66 Member

ATP71, as is obvious by the above comments the Silver Seitz is a fine weapon. The only fault I found with the 4 that I've shot is price. The statement that they are "the best", however, is subjective. I shot a Ljutic for 19 years without a failure of any kind and without service except cleaning by me. The lock time is good, but not as good as some. I've shot an Alfermann for the last 10 years with only one minor problem and the lock time is as fast as any of the 4 Seitz's. Some complain about the weight, but they're no heavier than the Seitz's that I've shot. Unless you've got an unscratchable itch for a Silver Seitz perhaps you should broaden your horizons.

Buz

p.s. I forgot to mention that my past experiences with Ljutic service was not as pleasant as Alfermann and what I've read about Silver Seitz.

18. smoky

smoky Member

i would seriously look at alfermann, before i bought a seitz. i've owned both, i would take the alfermann hands down over the seitz. silver seitz service don't compare to alfermann. i think alfermann's quality is just as good if not better. only place seitz shines, is it's finish. they are very nicely finished. just my opinion. scott smolkovich

19. KEYBEAR

KEYBEAR Active Member

I have never had a really good reason to call Silver Seitz (Ritchie) . But if I have to ask questions and he has been very good . This is Seitz number four . Weight 8lb.6 oz. 35 inch barrel

20. rick979

rick979 Active Member

Gary: Why is the name of your gun spelled backwards on the receiver? Weird!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page
cant shoot my silver seitz hard to shoot good scores
how much does a silver seitz double barrel weigh
how much does a silver seitz weigh
rob taylor silver seitz
silver seitz any good
silver seitz hard to shoot

silver seitz release trigger the best

what does silver seitz use as a stock finish