1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Silver Seitz Question?

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by sglfr45, May 30, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sglfr45

sglfr45 TS Member

How is recoil in these guns? Never shot one, but interested in one. I have a tender shoulder! Matt

2. southpark

southpark TS Member

Call Pat McCarthy at Dawson's and get a steel one, rather than light titanium, and one of his Stock-Locks and you won't feel a thing.

3. bigben

bigben Active Member

Matt, southpark is right-on, I have had two, the first was sold to a great friend after he hit targets harder with it than any other gun he had ever shot!, Pat's a great friend of mine and a true gentleman in every sense, I have his Stock-Lock stocks on my Seitz, my k-80 special and my 2000 P combo, this I can say without reservation, Nito 27's and the snot=makers of all time AA gray handicap shells recoil like a 28 ga. with his stock lock system. Buy both from him, you'll not be sorry! many of today's All-Americans shoot his Stock -Locks with great success, you'll be impressed! incinerate em!

4. southpark

southpark TS Member

I just shot 800 1 1/8 2 3/4 shots in one day and didn't feel any discomfort whatsoever.

If you've had fitment issues get the stock fitted by Phil Simms in Colorado. It is included in the cost of the stock (you pay for travel). It is well worth the trip.

5. KEYBEAR

KEYBEAR Active Member

My Seitz is Stainless Steel and it has very little recoil I,v shot it for five years . My shooten buddy has a new Titanium and I,v shot it some and will be buying one this summer very very soft . The Titanium is 1 lb. less

KEYBEAR

6. motordoctor

motordoctor Shoji Tabuchi in Branson

i also have a tender shoulder. shoot nitro's all day long and no problem. regular stock no recoil device. love the gun and would not trade it for anything. used to shoot a ljutic and had a precision stock on it. decuded to try this gun without the precision and no problems. notordoc 34 inch upgraded wood seitz

7. lc

lc TS Member

Can shoot mine all day long with AA super handicap with a t-shirt and have had nothng done to the gun. The more I shoot it the more I ike it.

8. lc

lc TS Member

Can shoot mine all day long with AA super handicap with a t-shirt and have had nothng done to the gun. The more I shoot it the more I ike it.

9. sglfr45

sglfr45 TS Member

Thanks for the input. One other quick question? Is a Silver Seitz that much better than a Perazzi? I just started shooting. Everyone tells me not to shoot a Seitz because I will have to buy one! I need the truth before I make an investment. Matt

10. zoom

zoom TS Member

I have a new K 80 trap special combo a Perazzi TM 1 special and a Seitz. I love them all.....but I do like my Seitz.Get one if you can you will enjoy it. Richie and Phil are great people.

11. bigben

bigben Active Member

Matt, I own them all and have no axe to grind, I enjoy them, but for ME, the Seitz is the best, the trigger is great! also when testing make sure to shoot the Seitz with at least a 6 in. higher impact to compensate for the lock-time, shoot them all and I'm sure that you'll find something that pleases you, good luck on your journey to excellence! incinerate em!

12. WarEagle2017

WarEagle2017 Active Member

My Son and I both have reciently bought a Seitz each , His has the titanium reciever and mine has the Stainless Steel reciever with the Gold titanium finish, we both shot at the Keystone open two weeks ago and at the Deleware State shoot, Nitro 27,s No complaint about recoil at all and I am 64 ( Frail ) with a Heart condition. remember this phrase: " NOTHING SHOOTS LIKE A SEITZ " Also my Sons Gun was Pat McCartys old Titanium Seitzs, but with a New Stock and New #3 Rib, even without the Stock Lock ( which I am sure is a Great product ) He cant complain about recoil. Go for it and dont look back.

13. Setterman

Setterman Well-Known Member

I bought a used Seitz with a StockLock about 7 weeks ago. I have a shoulder problem as well. I could not shoot heavy loads before I bought this combination.
    It is heavy (10.5 pounds) which also helps the recoil. The StockLock is heavy and makes the gun "barrel light" so I'm sure it will take some time. True...you can shoot Superhandicaps and feel the recoil of light 8's. I now shoot 3 dr loads at 27 because the gun swings so much faster than most guns. Ran my first 100 in singles this week end. 27 yd Handicap needs some work. I also shot a standard Seitz w/o the StockLock and I thought it kicked, but I'm a shoulder wussy. For pointing and trigger, their hard to beat. I have not noticed the requirement to raise the point of impact "because the trigger is fast" as everyone states.

14. Seitz Shooter

Seitz Shooter Member

Between the Gun and the Simms stock, I feel less recoil than with my K-80s.

I don't shoot my K-80s anymore.

Adios, Dirk

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

seitz swings to fast barrel weight

silver seitz heavy hard recoil

silver seitz lock time