1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Silver Seitz or K80 Trap Special Top Single

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by VAMiket, Jun 17, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. VAMiket

VAMiket Member

I think I'm going to buy a high end trap gun and these are the two I have come down to, with the Seitz getting a slight advatage since they have LH stocks. I would like to hear your opinions of these guns if you have shot both.

2. KEYBEAR

KEYBEAR Active Member

I shot my Silver Seitz for four years . I shot my K-80 trap special two weeks .

Hope I did,t upset steve . ALF-99

3. viperrt

viperrt Member

I've owned both guns. I still own my Silver Seitz. Bill

4. slickhead

slickhead Active Member

Ever consider a Kolar TS? Fine guns!!!

5. GBatch_25

GBatch_25 Active Member

Owned and shot Beretta, Remington, K80, Kolar and now a Silver Seitz. They are all capable guns and the K80 and Kolar were 2 of my favorites. I was shooting my Kolar when a friend let me try his Silver Seitz. As soon as I found a very nice used one, I bought it and sold the Kolar. I don't think I'll ever shoot a finer trap gun than the Silver Seitz. The balance, weight, and ohhhhhhhhhhhh the trigger are, IMO, just right.

Gene Batchelar
    Wheaton, IL
    Silver Seitz # 007

6. VAMiket

VAMiket Member

7. Gary Waalkes

Gary Waalkes Well-Known Member

I am right handed so please bear with me. I have shot both of these guns on more than one occasion. I have also priced both of them. I bought an Infinity from DeVault Industries. My considerations were: Trigger is much simpler and faster than K gun plus the looks, balance/feel, and price beat both.

8. K80433SC

K80433SC Member

I have been shooting trap for some 28 years now. I had always wanted a K80 combo, and was (finally) able to purchase one in 2006. It is not a Trap special, but it is still the gun "of my dreams". Or -- so I thought........

Just last week, I had the chance to practice with a Silver Seitz. This opportunity was graciously provided by Richie Phillips, at the PA State Shoot. With nothing more than a handshake, Richie left me take a $14K + gun down to the practice traps and shoot a few rounds.

I have never shot a gun that points so effortlessly to the target, and whose trigger was so precise. Basically -- the Seitz does the work by itself. Naturally -- fundamentals cannot be compromised, but that is to be said for EVERY gun out there.

After 75 targets, I returned the Seitz to Richie's trailer. His "Well ?" was met by my reply to "Put this gun back in the rack, before I go home and mortgage the house."

I hope this helps to answer your original question.

9. VAMiket

VAMiket Member

10. Gary Waalkes

Gary Waalkes Well-Known Member

I am right handed so please bear with me. I have shot both of these guns on more than one occasion. I have also priced both of them. I bought an Infinity from DeVault Industries. My considerations were: Trigger is much simpler and faster than K gun plus the looks, balance/feel, and price beat both.

11. K80433SC

K80433SC Member

I have been shooting trap for some 28 years now. I had always wanted a K80 combo, and was (finally) able to purchase one in 2006. It is not a Trap special, but it is still the gun "of my dreams". Or -- so I thought........

Just last week, I had the chance to practice with a Silver Seitz. This opportunity was graciously provided by Richie Phillips, at the PA State Shoot. With nothing more than a handshake, Richie left me take a $14K + gun down to the practice traps and shoot a few rounds.

I have never shot a gun that points so effortlessly to the target, and whose trigger was so precise. Basically -- the Seitz does the work by itself. Naturally -- fundamentals cannot be compromised, but that is to be said for EVERY gun out there.

After 75 targets, I returned the Seitz to Richie's trailer. His "Well ?" was met by my reply to "Put this gun back in the rack, before I go home and mortgage the house."

I hope this helps to answer your original question.

12. Vijay

Vijay TS Member

It depends on the shooter. I bought the K-80 trap special from ALF-99 and I am pretty sure that’s the type of gun I will be shooting for the rest of my life. I have been shooting doubles for only 6 months (starting winter Jan 2008 in Albany, NY) and I shot a 92, 93 and 94 at the PA State shoot. I think the gun makes a lot of difference for doubles.

13. James L Balog

James L Balog Member

please consider an infinity from Devault Industries, one of the finest guns i have ever shot, plus you will get your left handed stock with a very nice peice of wood on it.

14. Ljutic Guy

Ljutic Guy Member

Based on my experieance, the Seitz has less parts, especially in the trigger area, and therefore overall should be more trouble free in the long run.
    I had a shooter brag on his K-gun and the next day I saw him looking on the ground for a screw that had fallen out. Next I saw him asking all the venders if anyone had a screw that would fit. No one did.

15. VAMiket

VAMiket Member

16. JimmyP

JimmyP TS Member

I have never shot a Seitz but it is hard for me to imagine it being a whole lot better than my K-80 Trap Special Top Single. I will own this gun the rest of my life. But I have nothing bad that I have seen or heard about a Seitz either. Pick one and go shoot. LOL

Jimmy

17. DTrykow

DTrykow Active Member

Jimmy: Does that Top single kick you? I've been trying mine and definitely increased recoil. Dave T.

18. JimmyP

JimmyP TS Member

Dave, I can shoot mine all day long. Mine weighs in at just at 11 lbs though, and I shoot 1200fps Green Dot loads for handicap. I haven't shot any 1250 loads , so they may kick a little. I had mine fit by "Speedbump Stockworks" also and Ken does a fantastic job. I have honestly never shot a gun with less recoil than this one.

Jimmy

19. mwmd

mwmd Member

How about an Alfermann? very similar to the Seitz

20. DTrykow

DTrykow Active Member

Jim: I shoot 7/8oz around 1225 to 1250. I know Kiner shoots top single with a Gracoil. The Unsingle is like butter. No recoil and smooth. By raising that barrel up, the Top single changes the balance, and think it swings faster. Hard to explain. We would need a physics major to figure this one out. Dave T.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page
best trap gun silver seitz or k80

silver seitz 007