1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Silver Seitz - Opinions

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by blade819, Oct 2, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. blade819

blade819 Well-Known Member

Just purchased Silver Sietz and should receive it late this week fitted. Of those who have an SS or have shot an SS, what is your opinion of them? Durability?

blade819

2. motordoctor

motordoctor Shoji Tabuchi in Branson

love mine, great service, never breaks. Richie is a top notch guy and takes care of his customers. motordoc

3. Setterman

Setterman Well-Known Member

Ditto what motordoc said. In 5 years, I've had no need for service, and my trigger has stayed at 4 pounds. Like a "sleek tank".

4. tcr1146

tcr1146 Well-Known Member

Seems odd to me to buy and then ask opinions?! Tom Rhoads

5. Doug Brown

Doug Brown Well-Known Member

Mine points almost as good as a Mach 1 .

6. Dr.Longshot

Dr.Longshot Banned Banned

Blade819: You will be very happy with your decision on purchasing a Silver Seitz.

I wish I had never parted with mine.

Highest scores and averages were with it, and it had a Tom Wilkinson Bbl job.

Gary Bryant
    Dr.longshot

7. joe90t

joe90t Active Member

Blade819, You Have Made One Of The Best Decisions You Can Make.I Shoot A Seitz And Need To Tell You They Have A WONDERFUL TRIGGER. I Shoot A Release And It Is The BEST One I Have EVER Had.The Seitz Is A "Tank" As You Will Probably Never Need Any Repairs And Are Beautiful Guns. Shoot Well & Often. Joe W.

8. Gapper

Gapper TS Member

A nice gun but IMHO over-rated. They do break on occasion. Back to the factory it goes.

9. Hitapair

Hitapair Active Member

Some(maybe a lot)people will disagree w/ me, but I believe the SS is only surpassed by the original Seitz guns.

10. Texshooter

Texshooter Member

The two happiest days in the life of a Seitz owner; the day they buy it and the day they sell it. AJ

11. Ithaca$$$Grade

Ithaca$$$Grade Active Member

Are probably nice guns but I can count on one hand how many I've seen without some sort of recoil reduction device.

12. blade819

I shot the one I bought for 25 rounds and the first thing that impressed me was no recoil at all. That's good with the bad right shoulder that I have. It only had an adjustable pad. It wasn't fitted and I still went 24 of 25 most at the 25 yd line with a .035 Wilinson tube in it. I very seldom read anything on TS.com about Seitz so I was curious. Sounds like I made a good investment. Thanks to Bob Schultz Target Shotguns for another great deal.

blade819

13. seitz t22

seitz t22 TS Member

EXCELLENT SERVICE RICHIE WILL GO OUT OF HIS WAY TO MAKE YOU HAPPY.GOES TO A TARGET LIKE A LASER. REALLY EASY TO CLEAN.

14. Mountainsteve

Mountainsteve Member

Now that your getting the SS why don't you sell me that CG for half price.

15. BigM-Perazzi

BigM-Perazzi Well-Known Member

I see many for sale often..

I suspect as a custom fit gun to an original owner, they often don't fit those who purchase them used.

16. blade819

Steve:
    That CG ain't gonna make you keep that cheek on the comb! :eek:)

blade819

17. Sky Buster

Sky Buster Sky Buster TS Supporters

The SS is a fantastic gun. Arguably the best you can buy.
    The price keeps them out of the hands of most trapshooters
    though.

18. John55

John55 Active Member

Been shooting one for about 15yrs now, have never felt the need for any recoil reduction devices even in my current gun with it's titanium receiver. I've tried others along the way, including Perazzis and K80s but nothing points and handles like a SS...except maybe an old TM1. Best trigger I've ever used and very few parts to worry about breaking...hard combo to beat, IMO.

19. PULL PULL

PULL PULL Member

Richie looks at mine at the grand every year. Some years he puts in a new coil spring. And he greases it up. Tells ne to shoot it for another year. I like how easy they open. Mine has never broken. Not much recoil. But if I put heavy 3 dram loads in it , I feel it. They are not recoil proof. Another thing I have a problem with . I keep running out of shells. Buy a used one. You will not loose much coin when you sell it. I plan on shooting mine till I quit shooting. I love the way it points.

20. GBatch_25

GBatch_25 Active Member

Certainly one of the top shotguns around. Precision made by a company that cares about its product and its customers.

I own one of the first 10 Silver Seitz guns made (# 007). I am the 5th owner. It is an awesome gun (the shooter could use a lot of improvement).

This gun would have been made in the early 1980's and it still looks and feels like new. The gun will definitely outlast any of us here. In your will, leave it to someone who really likes precision made shotguns and love trap shooting.

Richie looks at mine each year at the Grand but tells me I don't shoot it enough to wear anything out. <:)

Gene Batchelar
    Wheaton, IL

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

scores with silver seitz inconsistent