1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Silver Seitz opinions?

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by winchesterAA, Jun 2, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. winchesterAA

winchesterAA Member

Hi,
    I would like some opinions on Seitz guns. Ive been shooting Perazzis for years but was thinking about a seitz. It would be a used gun with an adjustable rib maybe in 35 inch, Is there anything to look for when buying a used model? wear points ect. How is the reliability on these guns? Breakdowns? Or are they built like a tank? Ive handled them before, never shot one but they seem to be built very solid, Any input would be much appreciated. Thanks You Richie

2. Twinbirds

Twinbirds TS Member

if I ever had funding to justify one, I'd have one. best shooting, softest recoiling target breaking machine I have ever had in my hands. Shot it long enough to prove it wasn't a fluke outing, got punched a yard immediately, and 16's were just a matter of keeping your head in the game. excellent release, Quality craftsmanship through out, oh yes and a very nice looking gun! Good luck with yours!

3. st8shuter

st8shuter TS Member

ive shot a couple, wasnt that impressed, buy a used ljutic and spend 13grand on shells and targets

4. Gapper

Gapper TS Member

They're great! Let us know when you sell the Perazzi.

5. Dr.Longshot

Dr.Longshot Banned Banned

You can buy a nice used Seitz for $5500-$9,000. several have been on here for sale.

Gary Bryant
    Dr.longshot

6. seitz t22

seitz t22 TS Member

Great service Richie will go out of his way to make you happy they last forever handle great point extremely well fast trigger.

7. pdq

pdq Member

Richie:

First and foremost, shoot one and see if it breaks targets for you. That's all that counts when considering a Silver Seitz. Do you like the way it feel, swings, and breaks targets?

Why? Because that's all that matters -- there is zero concern about build quality and reliability. They are built to a standard that goes way beyond just about any other gun on the market, and if you need something changed or adjusted, Rich Phillips is the epitome of friendly service.

I've been shooting mine for 4 years. Now -- I'll be the first to admit that I am methodical about taking care of all my guns, i.e. cleaning, lube, etc. But after 4 years the gun mechanically is like new. If you look at the bearing surfaces there is no indication of wear -- they still look like new.

So, as stated, the only thing that should influence your decision is whether the gun feels good to you and you break more targets. Build quality and reliabity just aren't an issue.

Pete

8. Limpy100

Limpy100 Member

Winchesteraa, A friend of mine has one brand new and has sent it to be repaired so many times that if he had to pay to send it it would have cost more than he paid for the gun.Quote any thing on it that could break has.

9. kgun_shooter

kgun_shooter Member

Too much money for a singles gun!

10. Cyrus

Cyrus Member

Have P guns, K guns, L guns and recently an S gun. My choice. #1 Ljutic, #2 Seitz (so far) need more time with it. #3 Krieghoff K80, (note, close to #2) #4 Perazzi, (note, they are a distant #4), gave most of them to my wife. PERAZZI USA SUCKS. The only one I will deal with is Dan and his gang at Giacomo. IMO

11. AveragEd

AveragEd Well-Known Member

I doubt there are "production" guns out there that can be tailored to your wants and needs more than a Seitz and the service after the sale is as good as it gets, according to the several Seitz owners I know. But one thing always bugged me about them - it's rare to see one without some sort of recoil reduction device installed (Gacoil, Soft Touch, RAD and the like).

Now please don't take that to infer that I believe that they kick hard. It could just be that since a lot of the Seitz owners I know and know of are older, they may be recoil-sensitive and have one of those gadgets installed out of habit.

The only one I ever shot was one of the titanium adjustable-rib jobs with no recoil device installed. It felt lighter than the Krieghoff I shot at the time and the felt recoil was sharper. That could have been a function of the lighter gun weight, stock fit or a characteristic of the gun.

But boy, some of them are gorgeous!

Ed

12. Juantoomany

Juantoomany Member

Shot a Seitz...own Ljutics..Perazzi's..K guns...but shoot a Alfermann!

Like the man said...shoot what works for you!...like I said..I own all the others..But the Alfermann likes me best!

Dave

13. Carl Chadwell

Carl Chadwell TS Member

IMHO it's the finest 27 Yard Handicap Shooting Shotgun on the planet bar none.

And to top it off, Richie & Jerry Phillips' customer service are also top-shelf.

peace.

14. Sky Buster

Sky Buster Sky Buster TS Supporters

Seitz is probably the finest single barrel trap gun you can
    buy, Design, materials, assembly are more than first rate.
    If you can afford one, you've bought the best!

15. chipking

chipking TS Member

Great gun and good folks to work with. Nothing wrong with the gun but I could not shoot it as well as my Caesar Guerini so I sold it.

--- Chip King ---

16. GBatch_25

GBatch_25 Active Member

I agree with most of the above, but am puzzled by the one post by Limpy100. Honestly never heard of all parts on a Seitz breaking or needing replacement.

At any rate, I second the opinions of those who say 'shoot one' before you buy, if you can. But be careful when you pull the trigger the first time. If you're like me, you'll hold the gun down and look at it and say OMG, that's a fast trigger.

Gene Batchelar
    Wheaton, IL

17. lancelot

lancelot Member

All you have to do is examine one to determine that they are built as strong as a tank , yet they still have a classic beauty. I would think you would need to shoot one to find if they handle to your liking.

In any case there is no better customer service than from the Phillips boys. You'll feel like a part of the family.

Ron Ireland

18. joe90t

joe90t Active Member

Just MY Opinion!!! I Have Been shooting Shotguns since I Was 9 yrs Old And Have Owned Almost ALL Makes. I Just Recently Acquired A Silver Sietz With 2 barrels. After installing A "Release" Trigger I Took It To The Range. WOW, I Have Never Shot A 12 Gauge Shotgun That Shoots so SOFT.!!!!! I Would Never Doubt A Man's word About A "Friends" Problem's with A Gun But, There Are VERY Few Parts To A Sietz And They Are Strong!!!! Just Saying!!!!! Joe W. P.S. Oh Yes I Am 67 Yrs Old Now.

19. KENENT1

KENENT1 Active Member

shot a few Sietz, they are great guns, but I think the Alfermann is right up there, and that is what I currently shoot.

tony

20. Doug Brown

Doug Brown Well-Known Member

I've owned two pizza guns, two nazi guns, alferman, 90t, several 3200s, 1100,etc & now a Seitz. It points the best of all of them, except for maybe my first Model 12.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

silver seitz hard to shoot

silver seitz quality