1. We have added the ability for anyone to 'bump' threads that they have created. This is mainly useful in the classifieds area where posters constantly bump for sale threads to bring it to the top. This allows them the ability to do that without having to clutter the thread with extra 'TTT' and 'Bump' type posts. To bump it, go inside your thread and click on 'Thread Tools' at the top, then select 'bump'. You can bump only once per 24 hour period.

For more detailed information please see this post: Thread Bump Functionality.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

SILVER SEITZ O/U

Discussion in 'For Sale- Members only' started by three dram, Sep 19, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. three dram

three dram TS Member

0   0   0

Im wish to purchase a used SILVER SEITZ O/U .

I will pay 14m cash (subject to inspection),
    gun will be sent to Kerry Allor for Inspection,

I pay shipping, on his inspection .bank draft will be sent to owner.

this transaction must be done this way, for on purchase, it will be shipped to an export FFL to be shipped to Canada

no interested in wood, I will supply my own.

I have noticed several for sale, thought I would make my interest public

Three Dram

2. steele

steele TS Member

0   0   0

You might be disappointed in what is going to be available for 14k.

3. three dram

three dram TS Member

0   0   0

if a dealer buys a second hand shotgun, he buys it at a discount

this is a very tough economy!!

simple supply and demand

regard bad shotgun or poorly maintained

Thats why subject to inspection ,

I know what I can expect to pay priced as new

Thought I would see what is available ln used market

4. James.c

James.c Member

0   0   0

spend the extra three grand and get Bruce Jurney's gun. its well worth it.

5. steele

steele TS Member

0   0   0

There are only about 60 O/U built. I have #47. They are still pretty desirable as the prices indicate. Hope you find one. You will love it. Nothing can compare with it.

6. three dram

three dram TS Member

0   0   0

james c

not trying to be a wise guy

but i think if i work with Jerry n Rich, I could buy a new one at that price.

I wish him well and hope he gets his price, but like I said
    Im looking for a dealer whole sale price on a 100 % condition gun

my cash is the same as theirs,

and I have all winter to look
    three dram

7. Gunnerandbabe

Gunnerandbabe TS Member

0   0   0

Who is Bruce J

8. steele

steele TS Member

0   0   0

Bruce,
    You reflect my thoughts completely. I bought 3 Seitz single barrel guns from Richie, prior to buying my O/U, & it was no where near 14K. My #47 looks like yours , but mine is not a Ti gun, & I have double releases. Butch

9. PerazziBigBore

PerazziBigBore TS Member

0   0   0

Butch.. I own SS #49 Great gun.. If I had the money.. I'd buy this O/U too.. The stock would fit me perfectly..

10. three dram

three dram TS Member

0   0   0

Bruce Jurney

The last thing I wished to create was a pissing match on this site about fluctuation of used guns vs new gun pricing and the supply & demand across several states of America.

last I heard America was still a free market system ,

nor did I state I could buy a GUN LIKE YOURS,!! I stated I could buy a new O/U, ,price was not finalized so cant say for certain it would be there,but close??

I have had the good fortune of buying five high grade guns off this site at

what i consider fair market value at that time of sale,!!

the last three transaction, Krieghoff Gold Super Scroll combo, , an two Bowens ,and the transactions started almost the same as my present ad ,although one was an auction.

my ad was put out to show a bid for a seitz O/U , A BID , that's how business starts in my profession .

I did not send u an email, I did not post on your ad.

I just let it know in a public ad I was interested in buying a USED O/U, and yes I have had some discussion on the purchase of a new seitz O/U

and i am aware of prices as advertised

If my advertising does not produce any leads on a used O/U Seitz ,my next step

would be to speak to Jerry or Rich about purchase of new.

which has been an on going discussion,over a fair period of time, my decision to finally go forward was based on testing, Jerry's personal gun at grand, the triggers are outstanding,

It would be no ones business what transaction cost took place at the time of that transaction except the buyer & seller, same as I would not expect you to advertise your final selling price

its not the members business, its a private transaction

In North America it has always been the supply and demand that dictates any price. its what the buyer wish's to pay and what the seller wish's to sell in any given market environment

The last think I want is to have other writers miss quote me by thinking I could buy a new Seitz O/U for 14m.

If you wish to have any other communication with me I suggest you remove the xx"s and email me direct.
    I will certainly contact you if I wish more information etc

my very best regards

Three Dram

Bob Lee

11. PerazziBigBore

PerazziBigBore TS Member

0   0   0

Bob.. You and Bruce are both good guys.. and I'm just a stupid bystander.. Problem here.. is while you're 100% clear in your hunt for a $14,000 Seitz O/U..and have the money to back it up.. To uninformed people such as myself.. it looked like a cheap shot.. I know you would not do that..and looking at some of you purchases in the past.. you're as real as they come.. It's hard for any of us to see a fellow shooter get out of the game.. Alot of emotions are running around this thread.. for many different reasons.. Please don't be bitter..

Hind sight is always 100%.. Just a thought here.. Anyone selling a Seitz O/U please contact me at XXXXXXXXXXXXXXX would have taken it out of the public eye.. All Good.. Mike

12. three dram

three dram TS Member

0   0   0

Mike

You may not remember but you and I have done business several years ago,

. and I thank you for the posting and I'm not bitter, maybe embarrassed ,

So I will apologize to Bruce for my poor timing , and I'm sure some one will
    step up,

I have watched the bottom fall out of the pricing of high end guns.,

I see Bowens that you could not buy under 13m in strong markets, being offer well under 10m some even cheaper,almost half there value, several , Seitz with amazing wood in around at 9m , looking for a bid,.. .

used krieghoffs selling at lowest level in some time, lots of guns on consignment , sellers lose 20 /25 % there etc.

if the truth be knowing I was waiting for a buyer to take Bruce Bowens company out, then I would buy one of his O/U which I have seen ,its amazing .

Bob Schultz has put his 35 Seitz up for sale with a very expensive piece of lumber, that may be a 4m+ option on gun, and he has priced it very fair ,

Because I suspect Bob understands the market better then most.

I was told there is a couple of Seitz O/U for sale in Florida area and one

in Texas. possible one more in California.

I thought I had better test the market over the winter

So I put out an ad,

I have received an email on one gun and I have asked for better photo's first at this stage

I also should mention, there is many more dollars in fee's and taxes on any gun I purchase and import.

the export FFl wants a fee plus 10% of the value of gun to ship into Canada,

when it arrives in Canada I must pay another 15 % of its value in taxes

three dram

13. PerazziBigBore

PerazziBigBore TS Member

0   0   0

Bob.. I remember you're a good guy.. at the end of the day.. that's all that matters.. Wish I had the $$$$$$$$$ for the O/U Seitz.. I've always wanted one..It's heaven.. Glad there are no hard feelings.. Hope to see you at the GRAND next year.. I'm already looking forward to it.. All Good.. Mike

14. Stumpi24

Stumpi24 Member

0   0   0

Me and my buddy Ed are going to look for one at the Fall Handicap and if I like it I'm going to buy one 18 to 20 thousand don't scare me, Ed will loan me the money anyway. Thanks Stan

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

silver seitz for sale

silver seitz trap shotguns for sale
silver seitz trap shotguns used
used silver seitz barrels