1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Silver Seitz having some problems...

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by John55, Sep 6, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. John55

John55 Active Member

In the last couple of hundred targets my Seitz has started to not eject the hull when I open it. Sometimes I can close and open it a second or even a third time and it finally kicks it out, other times not. I carry a brass weight in my vest just for these occasions and after sliding it down the barrel to clear the empty the gun will work properly again...for a while. Anyone here have any ideas about what could be causing this? I keep the gun clean, always wiping it down and lubing it after every shoot.

2. rick979

rick979 Active Member

Call Seitz. They will be happy to help you. If the ejector is spring actuated rather than direct mechanical it will need a new spring.

3. John55

John55 Active Member

I intend to do just that once the holiday weekend is past. I have a shoot tomorrow and was hoping I could find an easy fix! Failed to mention that on occasion it will also have the ejector fail to pop up just opening the gun w/o a case in the chamber.

4. rennerize

rennerize Active Member

John55, I own and shoot a Silver Seitz and work on them. Sounds like you have a timing problem in your Ejector Finger. It is an easy fix.
    Don

5. John55

John55 Active Member

Don,
    Is the fix something I could do myself, or does it need to be done by a qualified 'smith?

6. j2jake

j2jake Well-Known Member

Talk to Ritchie!!!! He will take care of your problem. As stated above it could be the shells you are using. Kemen shells do not eject from my Seitz very well. I have to use a shell knocker, steel Gun Clubs sometimes stick as well. STS and my reloads work just fine. Jake

7. John55

John55 Active Member

It seems to happen regardless of the shells I'm using, including my AA or Gold Medal reloads. But, it also fails to pop up the ejector at times, even on an empty chamber so I doubt in this case the shells are the culprit.

8. rennerize

rennerize Active Member

John, make sure the Ejector finger has no dirt or residue under it. If it is clean then you must retime the ejector. Not knowing your Gunsmith skill level it is hard to say that you can do it yourself. You may need to tweak/bend it??
    Don

9. John55

John55 Active Member

I called Seitz today and spoke with Richie. Yes, it had come out of time so he told me what to do and it proved to be a simple enough repair.

10. little gambler

little gambler Active Member

John55,

I think your problem might be grabbing a Ljutic by mistake off the gun rack......... LOL.....It's usually the Ljutic shooters that start a post like this. l.g.

11. John55

John55 Active Member

I've had those as well, and they are the guns that made me start carrying a shell knocker in my vest!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

silver sietz problems