1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Silver Seitz 35 inch barrel review

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by floridaboy, Jan 10, 2017.

1. floridaboy

floridaboy Member

Just recently bought a new Silver Seitz late fall of 2016 been shooting a 34 inch barrel . Just wondering if anyone had any opinions on the 35 inch barrel or if anyone's been shooting at 35 and made the transition noticed any difference .

2. porthos

porthos Member

i have had at the same time ; a 34 in ljutic and a 35 in seitz. in my better days i shot the seitz better. i know that they are 2 different guns. but i belive that a longer bbl gun goes along with someone's size ; especially height. has anyone ever shot a 30 in. single bbl.; they are impossible to control if you are a average size adult. at one time skeet guns (o/u) were 26 in. try and find a new one today.

3. rennerize

rennerize Active Member

I think the 35" silver seitz shoots very smooth and i feel much steadier with it and i have shot it the best of any gun.
    Don

4. Rmill14

Rmill14 Member

I am having my Seitz fitted to a 35 inch barrel right now. I found I preferred more front end weight. I currently have a titanium receiver with a sims pro soft. The more weight I added to my 34 inch the better my scores got, and more consistent. Also having a 7 oz., weight made, plus a choked tubed by Wilkinson.
    My balance when done should be the exact balance point of a stock Seitz. The Simms pro soft adds more weight to the rear than you think. Try adding more weight to the front, shoot 500 rounds and mark your scores, see if it makes a difference. Any small change on a a Seitz shows up quite a bit. Great gun!

Last edited: Jan 10, 2017
    Tom Strunk thanked this.
  5. Seitz302

Seitz302 Member

I use to own a 34" Seitz and now own another one with a 35" barrel, to be honest I don't see any difference between the two.
    Seitz302

6. floridaboy

floridaboy Member

I forgot to mention that I also had a 5oz weight with the 34" barrel so I'm going to keep the weight . Thanks for the great input

7. slickhead

slickhead Active Member

Stay with it ! Shoot it and you will be very satisfided!

8. RiverSide

RiverSide Member

i have had at the same time ; a 34 in ljutic and a 35 in seitz. in my better days i shot the seitz better. i know that they are 2 different guns. but i belive that a longer bbl gun goes along with someone's size ; especially height. has anyone ever shot a 30 in. single bbl.; they are impossible to control if you are a average size adult. at one time skeet guns (o/u) were 26 in. try and find a new one today.

Agree with Pothos, I own a Seitz and I'm avg. build. Have shot a 33", 34" and a 35". The 33" was some what whippy. The 35" was just to much gun for me. The 34" seems to be the perfect balance. Wouldn't think 1" would make a difference either way but it did for me.

9. George MT.

George MT. Moderator Staff Member

Im 5 ' 11" and owned a Seitz with a 35 in. bl. with adj. rib--steel receiver. I liked the gun but for my own personal tastes I would have liked to have had a 33" or 34".
    I have a ljutic mono with a 34 in. bl. that I like a lot and for me it balances --swings and points well.

10. leadingedge

leadingedge Active Member

I recently got a 35" Seitz from Chris Vendel, I have shot a 34" O/U for years. I made the team shooting the O/U
    last year, but shooting the Seitz in practice and one registered shoot so far I have broken more punch scores with it than I ever did with my O/U. I had always been an advocate of one gun, but the way I shoot this new Seitz has me eating some crow. Frustrating that a gun that I accomplished so much with, I just don't shoot it as well I wanted too from the fence and am going to give the Seitz a run this year and see what happens. I have tried a bunch of other guns from back there and the Seitz has produced the best results. A very wise man told me that if I found a gun that I can shoot good hdcp with I had better buy that s.o.b. he didn't care if it was a frickin red Ryder BB gun. Buy that one.
    Darrell

Rmill14, flashmax and Mr. Lester thanked this.
  11. Setterman

Setterman Well-Known Member

Had a 34", then bought a 35", and went back to the 34". It is Titanium, and has a 5 oz front weight.

My favorite gun, ever. If you shoot a long LOP, and 35" barrel, you'll have fun finding a carry case.

12. Chris Covell

Chris Covell Active Member

My Pro3 has a 35 inch barrel, and I love it.

Search tags for this page

silver seitz barrels