1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Silver Dollar Vacation?

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by phirel, Nov 24, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. phirel

phirel TS Member

The satellite Grands are in Jan. and March so Feb. should be open. I just go down for the two big shoots and stay in a motel, but staying on the Grounds would be fun. All the registered shooting you want, most is targets only. Golf and fishing are on the grounds. Horse track just down the road. I think I know a person who would rent a golf cart for a month. You will need one. Please eat a few meals at the Sponge Docks. A small place called Mr. Slovakies (my spelling has some of the correct letters close to the correct place)is my favorite. If you have any small pets, do not let them drink the water from the ponds/lake on the grounds.

Pat Ireland

2. dmarbell

dmarbell Active Member

MIA,

I go to that area every spring for exhibition baseball. Unless your lovely bride is a trapshooter, or even if she is, you don't have to stay at the Dollar. Especially if you are driving there or renting a car.

I stay down in Clearwater Beach, and drive to the Dollar. It's 28 miles from the middle of the beach town to the Dollar.

If you go in March, the Yankees, Phillies, Blue Jays, Rays, Pirates, Reds, Tigers and Indians are all within driving range for spring training games. If you are there March 15-22, I'll shoot a round or two with you. I'll probably be shooting just one day though, as it's mainly a baseball trip for me.

Danny

3. jackmitch

jackmitch TS Member

jack you lucky dog while you're off having fun the rest of us midwesterners will be working, shoveling snow, and generally freezing our buns off.go for it. have fun and shoot a round in shirt sleeves and shorts for all us frozen stiffs up here.jackmitch

4. jmas

jmas TS Member

Wish I could be down there shooting with you.

You might find this link helpful. I used to use it when I went down shooting.

Have a great trip.

Jan

5. Mike Battista

Mike Battista Well-Known Member Supporting Vendor

Jack, If you are coming down here, I can recommend several motels in the area. If your bride is coming with you and doesn't shoot I have books on the attractions here that will keep her occupied and happy. Bring the kids too. If I can help , call or write.
    MIke Battista
    727 410 5212

6. OLD ONE EYE

OLD ONE EYE Well-Known Member

It is only 20-25 minutes to the Silver Dollar from the hotels downtown near the airport. The best food and attractions are right there or close Bush Gardens the Zoo the beach is about 30-35 minutes away I would rent a car and drive to the shoot or car pool and leave a car for the girls. If enough people are interested I will contact some hotels for a special price. I will be at the shoot so ask for me and I will turn you on to some of the best restaurants in Tampa. My e mail is above glad to help.

Buddy

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.