1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Silver Dollar Tourist

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Tron, Jan 13, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tron

Tron Supporting Vendor Supporting Vendor

I'll be down in Florida in a few weeks for a brief stay and I wanted to visit the SD, being that I've never been there. I don't want to bring my gun with me this visit and I was wondering if there's any sort of rental units if I wanted to shoot Skeet. I'll be there Sunday the 7th. Any suggestions??

2. Jawhawker

Jawhawker TS Member

Yes they are rentals available in Tampa. Location there of to be found on Nebraska and 7th streets. There are store fronts there that will wear a sign somewhat similar to Pawn Shop. But the less expensive equipment will be found through "street vendors". Most won't typicaly start their workday till sunset or shortly after. Remarkable purchase prices can be found through these gentleman that detours rental pricing.

3. trapshootin hippie

trapshootin hippie Well-Known Member

Skeet???? What's that?

Sorry, I couldnt resist.

Gne J

4. PapCharlie

PapCharlie Member

<a href="http://s262.photobucket.com/albums/ii98/papcharlie/Funny/?action=view&current=Clearwater_Snow_Cap.png" target="_blank">[​IMG]</a>

5. Tron

The 303 will work fine Pat. Check your PM's.

6. dmarbell

dmarbell Active Member

Tron,

Not to derail the use of Pat's K-80, but the SD has 391s for rent. Flats of shells for sale also, at not unreasonable prices. Ask for gun # 11, I've rented it twice. Leave your hopes and desires at home, it's a trap club. Shot the fine trap range while you're there. Take your own shell catcher.

Danny

7. straightshooter1

straightshooter1 Well-Known Member TS Supporters

There's skeet, too, if you want to shoot it. And the dollar has several different guns, 391s for sure, and some Remingtons-870s and 1100 or 11-87s (don't recall which).

Nice 5Stand, too. But, it is truly a trap club. Right now the Dixie Grand is going on and the skeet fields are the trap practice fields. But, they will be open next week.

You'll like the Dollar, nice clubhouse, nice restaurant, nice folks.

Bob

8. Tron

Well, I was there yesterday and I was quite impressed. Very nice facility to say the least. I even met Mike Batista and he's a very nice Gent. My old friend P3AT let me use his K-80 (now THAT'S a buddy) to shoot a couple of lines of Skeet (not that I ever shot that game before, I was just curious). Way colder than I expected it to be and only got into the mid 50's.

GREAT place!

9. phirel

phirel TS Member

Trone- Did you see both sides of the club and the large lake on the golf side?

Pat Ireland

10. Tron

No Pat, I didn't check the lake out, but I did drive around both the Golf course side and the shooting side. It's a very nice club that has a lot to offer. I do wish they had Sporting Clays though, but I guess you can't have everything.

11. phirel

phirel TS Member

Tron- I always shoot Silver $ twice a year (Dixie Grand, Southern Grand). In about 4 weeks I will be back down. I see no interest in sporting clays at the club. They do have registered shoots every day they are open (ca 325 a year).

Pat Ireland

12. redhawk

redhawk Member

Not to offend anyone,but do they shoot any games there?

13. Frank C

Frank C Well-Known Member

Deer Creek Sporting Clays is not that far away either...

14. phirel

phirel TS Member

redhawk- To my limited knowledge- no. But the management will allow you to shoot anything that you want to organize. The Southern Grand begins on March 15. I will arrive at Silver $ on March 12. I expect to see a couple of traps being used for practice. A couple of traps being used for registered birds and Kay O will probably be giving a clinic on a couple of traps. Before the Southern Grand starts, the club will have 14 traps ready for whatever the shooters want. The other 12 traps will open when the Southern Grand starts.

Pat Ireland

15. Gunnerandbabe

Gunnerandbabe TS Member

They shoot games on fri night's if you want to.

16. sptnclays

sptnclays Member

Sarasota has a very nice sporting clay course and 5 stand. They r a little pricey for skeet and trap.

17. OLD ONE EYE

OLD ONE EYE Well-Known Member

There is a new Sporting clays course in Brandon called Fish Hawk very nice people and club with a 5 stand and one trap field. I shot it once and a very nice layout 45.00 for non members and 35.00 for members on the sporting clays.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.