1. We have added the ability for anyone to 'bump' threads that they have created. This is mainly useful in the classifieds area where posters constantly bump for sale threads to bring it to the top. This allows them the ability to do that without having to clutter the thread with extra 'TTT' and 'Bump' type posts. To bump it, go inside your thread and click on 'Thread Tools' at the top, then select 'bump'. You can bump only once per 24 hour period.

For more detailed information please see this post: Thread Bump Functionality.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

SILVER DOLLAR RENTAL INFO???

Discussion in 'For Sale- Members only' started by Martinpicker, Sep 2, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Martinpicker

Martinpicker Active Member

0   0   0

Hi Folks. My wife and I are getting serious about snow birding to Florida for January and February of 2012. Of course, I would like to be near the Silver Dollar and we both love the Tarpon Springs area.

Can anyone give me a phone number for the Silver Dollar to check on the posibilities of rentals there? I believe that the address for the Silver Dollar is Odessa...right?

Actually, we would be pleased to find a reasonable place anywhere near the coast, north or south of Tarpon Springs. My wife has to be near the beach, I want to be a decent drive,(or bike ride!,) from the Silver Dollar, and the catch is that I won't leave my old Brittany behind, so the place must allow dogs.
    We would be happy with house,mobile home,condo,travel trailer or whatever. Any information or advice you can offer would be appreciated. I respect the opinions I read here.

Respectfully, Martinpicker (Jack Farrow)

2. Kolarpole

Kolarpole Member

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0

Jack....go to the SILVER DOLLAR SHOOTER site. Lots of info and phone numbers for things and events at the Dollar. run'em..........

3. Martinpicker

0   0   0

Thanks Kolarpole. I will check it out this afternoon. Still would like opinions on this area of Florida. Jack

4. snowbird

snowbird TS Member

0   0   0

www.vrbo.com (vacation rentals by owners) is an interesting site for any area.

Terry.

5. Martinpicker

0   0   0

I have been on VRBO site and you are right, some interesting stuff. Yesterday I got on the Silver Dollar Shooter site and got a phone number.A very nice lady in their office named Terri put me in touch with a realtor named Ruth. So the wheels are turning.

Just wondered if those of you who are familiar with the area could advise as to preference of one area over another. Is Odessa better than Tarpon Springs?(for example.)

Thanks again, Jack

6. BIGDON

BIGDON Well-Known Member

0   0   0

Jack I am a little biased as I try to spend as much time as possible at the Dollar in the winter, we park our motorhome there. You are close to everything including Tarpon Springs and Tampa and much more. I don't think you will be able to ride your bike to the dollar unless you are an Olympian. I feel you are relatively close to everything. I have yet to find the town of Odessa, I did find the Odessa Post Office. Did you ask Terri about rentals at the Dollar? The dollar is a great place with great people.

Don

7. Martinpicker

0   0   0

Thanks Don. The bicycle remark was with tongue in cheek. Thanks for the information on Odessa, too.

I talked to Terri and she said she is staying out of the rental business due to previous disappointments of would be renters. She rents RV slots, but not the RVs or park trailers themselves. She was very nice and put me in touch with a realtor who is looking around for us.

With any luck we will be down there for at least part of January and/or February. Looking forward to meeting you.

In the meantime, if you have a neighbor down there who wants to rent something for a couple of months, please let me know.

Thanks again, Jack

8. BIGDON

BIGDON Well-Known Member

0   0   0

Jack - Check the rental that was just posted for the Dollar on here.

Don

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.