1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Silver Dollar Rating - Vs. other clubs

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by dmarbell, Mar 27, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dmarbell

dmarbell Active Member

I am in FL on a baseball watching trip. As a side trip, I went to the Silver Dollar and shot in the FL state shoot this past Wed. Got me thinking. How does the Dollar rank among clubs nationwide?

My experience was first class. I arrived late, after being lost en route, at about 9:30. I was classified, squaded and paid for singles and caps. My shooting was finished by about 1:30.

Where does the Dollar, and thusly other clubs in the nation, rank among 1) shooting clubs and 2) trap clubs?

Danny

2. shot410ga

shot410ga Well-Known Member

I haven't been to them all. But, the Silver Dollar ranks amoung the top 5 on my list.

3. oleolliedawg

oleolliedawg Banned User Banned TS Supporters

I thoroughly enjoy my yearly trips-if the weather co-operates!!

4. Dr.Longshot

Dr.Longshot Banned Banned

With the new range manager the Dollar is a lot better, top 5 rated.

Gary Bryant
    Dr.longshot

5. phirel

phirel TS Member

It is one of my favorite clubs and the only club I shoot in shorts in January and pick lemons and oranges from trees on the grounds between events. The large white birds that walk between the 16 yard line and the trap houses during events do not distract me.

Pat Ireland

6. straightshooter1

straightshooter1 Well-Known Member TS Supporters

There were never "no" parking spaces, even at the Southern Grand. The field where the five stand is was open and though there were lots of cars, there was plenty of room for more. That would be behind Bank 3 and just to the right side of Banks 2 and 1.

There was always parking spaces in the Golf Club parking lot, too. That would be behind Bank 4 on the west side of the Golf Club House and 5 on the east side. A very short walk from there to Bank 6.

And, Golf Carts can be rented from the Silver Dollar, too (Pro Shop at the Golf Course). $125 a week for the Southern Grand.

For the Florida State Shoot, one doesn't need the cart. Plenty of parking available, though the lots were crowded.

I like the Silver Dollar, it's about a 45 minute drive from my home. The weather, the great shooters that come down in the winter and the way the club (which is a business, by the way-not really a club) tries to meet the needs of the shooters and their families.

I rent a cart for the Dixie and Southern, simply for convenience, but have never needed one at any other shoot there.

If you Pre-Squad for the Florida State Shoot, you can pick the bank you want to shoot on for any or all of the events.

Bob

7. trapwife

trapwife Well-Known Member

We love coming to the Dollar, staying here and shooting here, and look forward to coming back next January.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.