1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Silver Dollar in Florida question

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by 391 shooter, Nov 4, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 391 shooter

391 shooter Well-Known Member

Just curious, when you shoot trap or skeet at the Silver Dollar in the Tampa area, is there a lake past the trap or skeet house that the shot falls into?

2. opa41

opa41 TS Member

No that is in Ft Lauderdale

3. 391 shooter

391 shooter Well-Known Member

The reason I ask is , Channel 10 News out of Tampa Florida is doing a report tonight on the 11 O'clock news about gun club (picture in the tease video shows a Trap House), in the Tampoa Bay area that the shot is falling into a lake causing lead poisoning and is going to cost 25 million plus to clean up and blah blah blah.

Thought the folks in Fla. and the rest of us here would like a heads up.

try this link.

http://www.wtsp.com/news/local/story.aspx?storyid=154548&catid=8&provider=email

4. Pull & Mark

Pull & Mark Well-Known Member

As I posted on the other thread, I believe that the club they are talking about is the Skyway Club. They have been shooting steel only there for the last few years, but there is still alot of lead in the lake that they shoot over. I've never been there but I believe its over the Gulf of Mexico on the west coast here. I could be wrong on that though. I've meet most of the club that shoots there at the Fla. state shoot, they are one great bunch of guys. I hope the TV does not kill whats left of that poor club. They have took a beating since they went all steel and lost alot of shooters. Break-em all. Jeff

5. Claydotter

Claydotter Active Member

Pull & Mark is correct. The TV report was indeed about Skyway Trap & Skeet. I shoot there.

P&M. Just type Skyway Trap Skeet into Google, and a map will come up so you can see just where it`s located.

Regards, Pete

6. Pull & Mark

Pull & Mark Well-Known Member

Pete, I just looked at your website. I knew it was is in St. Pete, but I did not see any water around in the pix's. Is the water involved salt water that leads into the Gulf of Mexico or is it a inland fresh water lake??? How did the News bashing go??? You can PM me if you like. Sometimes I don't get them if you don't put a heading title on them for some reason. Good Luck up there. Break-em all. Jeff

7. Claydotter

Claydotter Active Member

Here`s a link to the story and TV spot.

http://www.wtsp.com/money/costing/story.aspx?storyid=154628&catid=34

Regards, Pete

8. blade819

blade819 Well-Known Member

We can't have lead in our waters! Forget about what BP put into them.

blade819

9. mixer

mixer Well-Known Member

To make a link clickable, it needs to go into the website URL box as above.

Eric

10. Claydotter

Claydotter Active Member

Thanks for that info Eric.

Regards, Pete

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.