1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Silver Dollar For Sales

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by blade819, Jan 22, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. blade819

blade819 Well-Known Member

I have been comming to Silver Dollar for either the Dixie or Southern Grand or both for 6 years. This year as I rode around I was startled to see the number of properties for sale. I would like to hear anyone's opinion as to why this is happening. PS... warm with a great 10 day forecast.

blade819

2. Setterman

Setterman Well-Known Member

3. grntitan

grntitan Well-Known Member

Setterman summed it up nicely.

Check with someone on what it cost per Month with all their fee's you have to pay.

4. yakimaman

yakimaman Well-Known Member

I recently spoke with the office there to inquire about a seasonal spot for a 5th wheel. I was told that they had a large number of residents who were not at "market value" and they were increasing their rent fess every year to bring the entire place to what they feel is fair market pricing. Seem to recall it was over $600 a month lot fee.

rm

5. Auctioneer

Auctioneer Well-Known Member

Soon or at some point they will see that they have cut their own throats because they raised their prices to high.

6. holdumpleas66

holdumpleas66 TS Member

Kemans are made in Tenn. now,at the rio plant,probaly the same thing.

7. Straight50

Straight50 Member

Same things happening at most of the big lakes with boat slip annual rentals. Lot more empty slips in the last year or so. Would seem to me to be a bad time to increase the rent, but I guess their expenses are on the rise also, and they need to re-coop. Its a never ending circle.

8. 635 G

635 G Well-Known Member

At the $$$, there is no such thing as real estate---if you don't own the land ,its not real estate. In the villages we have amenity/utility fee. For a shade under $200.00/month --access to over 500 holes of golf, any & all kinds of rec facilities, dozens of swimming pools, trash, water & water for your irrigation system-this is why they are selling over 200 new houses/month.

You're about 1 hr from Robinson Ranch & less than 2 hrs from the Silver Dollar.

Phil Berkowitz

9. BIGDON

BIGDON Well-Known Member

It's amazing how the Dollar is always wrong and the rest of the world is always right. It seems every year when they host a major shoot some feel the need to get on here and bash the place and those that choose to live their.

If it bothers you then either put blinders on or stay the hell at home because the real story is never told.

Don

10. yakimaman

Well Bigdon, then it would help if you would tell the real story and set everyone straight.

rm

11. blade819

blade819 Well-Known Member

I love the place! If you live up north the rent fee to have this weather is nothing. Unfortunately most people have invested a significant amount in upgrades to the lot. I talked yesterday to a gentleman who said he had $35K in extra concrete and his shed/garage. This is another reason that people sell "their renting rights" to their lot. I believe there also is no lease involved so a renter doesn't have much insurance that he may not get thrown out. Hard to take that concrete and garage with you.

blade819

12. BIGDON

BIGDON Well-Known Member

Why, they wouldn't have anything to talk about next year.

Maintaince fees for camper spots are not $600 per month for 12 months. I pay a split fee on the golf side, in season and out of season and I have a lease. My spot is all concrete, I bought the lease from someone and will probably sell the lease to someone when I am done.

Think about why you have places for sale. Age, it is not the youngest group on the planet. Health and death are reasons for sale. Residents buying other homes on the grounds and selling their old ones. You are always going to have turnover. If you can't accept the concept of grounds maintaince fees then Florida may not be for you unless as a previoous poster said you might like the FL taxes instead.

Don

13. Auctioneer

$600.00 a month? What do you get for $600 a month. What do they do for that $600 a month?

I went to the Silver Dollar one time. I was excited and when I got there I would grade the place a bit run down and dirty. It was a well run shoot but they could have polished up the place.

It is the only club that I know of that will not permitt you or anyone to sell guns at the shoot. You have to let the gun shop inside sell your gun for you. In other words they want and have a monopoly on all gun sales. Yes they also want the commission and to eliminate all competition. Not right.

I have heard a number of reasons. The big guy who runs the place and or shoot said its because of a former vender who they had problem with. Another is state law and the third is club rules. Give one but not three.

14. trim tab

trim tab Active Member

Its the economy. No brainer there. Long time before it ocmes back, but do not expect it to come back to where it was. Bubble had to burst some time.

15. 635 G

635 G Well-Known Member

You're not supposed to sell a thing at the Dollar. Components, hulls, etc---Its their ball park they make the rules.

Phil Berkowitz

16. cole50

cole50 Member

So sorry we are a bit run down and dirty. I hope you have a much nicer place to shoot. Please be sure to go there. We wouldn't want you to catch anything from here.

17. Auctioneer

Bad attitued your presenting or is that standard for you all? All I did was make a comment on how things are and what I saw. Nothing more or less.

18. BIGDON

BIGDON Well-Known Member

Auctioneer I think you are full of crap again. I see guns in the racks with 4 sale sign, and a Bulleting board with all kinds of private gun sales. The place is not dirty or run down, name one place where they have a cleaning person cleaning the club house allday every day during a shoot. What century were you there?? What are all those venders outside selling.

If you don't know why don't you keep your mouth shut and what do you care about the $600 are you going there.
    Don

19. ZEREX

ZEREX TS Member

whats wrong with the silver dollar?

Subject: Silver Dollar For Sales
    Email:
    Date: Mon, Jan 23, 2012 - 02:35 PM ET
    Website Address:

So sorry we are a bit run down and dirty. I hope you have a much nicer place to shoot. Please be sure to go there. We wouldn't want you to catch anything from here.

The people that work there and run it have this type of attitude.
    It speaks for itself.
    If it where a buisness they would appreciate comments from customers, good or bad.

They obviously could care less

20. yakimaman

Ok you SD folks - why so defensive? Instead of "wish you'd mentioned it while you were here so we could discuss", (as any good management would do) you take offense and tell everyone to like it or take a hike. Not good PR guys.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.