1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Sillver Seitz -Need Advise

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by blade819, Oct 13, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. blade819

blade819 Well-Known Member

Am about 500 hundred shells thru my Seitz with a No. 1 Rib. I patterned it while putting the rib on the lower notch and it shot high, about 90/10, but not high enough for me. Other than getting the barrel worked on, does anyone have a recommendation for shooting it higher, maybe 120?

blade819

2. chipking

chipking TS Member

You can either get Richie to send you a #2 rib ( only takes a few minutes to change) or run your comb up and forget about trying to "figure 8" the beads. Depending on how high you have the comb now you may also need taller posts for the comb. I am assuming that the rib is in the highest notch in the back and the lowest in the front.

--- Chip King ---

3. blade819

Yep highest in the back, lowest in the front. I'll experiment and put the comb up a bit. TNX.

blade819

4. roofcutter1

roofcutter1 TS Member

Blade, I have the same rib on my Seitz, 2nd highest in back and 2nd lowest in front, and it shoots 110% with a fitted Prosoft stock! Raise your comb and enjoy!!! Bob M.......
    [​IMG]

5. blade819

Thanks for the advise. I'm trying to tweak the gun at Hog Heaven this weekend. However, it's hard to tweak anyhting when you shoot with 25 mph tailwinds. I may have to go to a number 2 or even number 3 rib from Richie.

blade819

6. Setterman

Setterman Well-Known Member

I went through the same thing. If you want the right "look", get the other rib.
    I have the #2 rib, and mine shoots 12" high at 28 yards and gives me a figure eight on the beads. My rib is set at the second highest notch. Don't be surprised if you need quite a few shims to get the "look" you need. You could try to swap your wood here or call Richie too if you don't want a bunch of shims.

7. bigben

bigben Active Member

Blade 819, your notches should be all the way to the top at the receiver, all the way to the bottom in the front, keep raising the comb until you are pounding 27 yd. targets, the old adage of a figure 8 is only of value when sending a barrel to bent up the rest takes care of itself, I find my best with a #3 rib with space, incinerate em!

8. RickN

RickN Well-Known Member

I had Pat Laib cut two more notches in my MX-10 rib. Maybe that is an option on your Seitz gun?

9. monty

monty TS Member

I wanted to give you the Best advice. Call Rich at Seitz and trade your Rib for a # 2 or 3 and it will not cost as much. Do not mess with the comb to make a gun shoot higher, or lower. You will mess up your Brain and "Bird Bead Relationship", on the angles. Take it from someone who has been there. Hope this helps you. Enjoy, Gordon

10. blade819

Have sent Rich an email. Thanks.

blade819

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.