1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

silicone cloth?

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by wayneo, Aug 3, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. wayneo

wayneo Active Member

Whats the best thing to wipe your gun down with for 2 to 4 weeks of storage? I've been using a Hoppe's silicone cloth, but it only does a few guns about a half a dozen times, then its dry. Can they be washed and more silicone applied to them? Thanks, Wayne

2. shot string

shot string TS Member

I use a product called tur-cloth. Keeps my Browning very well.
    here is a link: http://www.smartcarry.com/products.htm

3. birdogs

birdogs TS Member

Get a bottle of Slick 2000, put a little on a lint-free cloth and keep it in a sealed plastic bag. It is better than any other wiping cloth I have tried and costs pennies. Re-applt Slick 2000 to the cloth when it is used up.

4. coyote268

coyote268 TS Member

I just searched in internet and can't find it. Where do you get your slick 2000? Dan

5. butch's90t

butch's90t Member

I've started using Rusteprufe Nitro-Solvent and rustproofing oil. I have a friend that started using it in the Panama Canal Zone back in the 60's and swears by it. Comes in a jar with a chamois wiper and a 2oz refill. Refill supposedly lasts for quite a while. There are also a few testimonials if you google the name. HarryC

6. Ifitfliesitdies

Ifitfliesitdies Member

Coyote 268,

I think birdogs was referring to "Slip 2000" and not slick.

Their website is www.slip2000.com. It's sold in many gunshops and many ranges. However if you can't find it you can order online on their web site or call and place an order.

I buy it at one of the ranges where I shoot. It's really good stuff. They also make the best choke tube cleaner & auto parts cleaner on the market. Once you treat your choke tubes overnight with the cleaner and then wipe down with the slip2000 synthetic lube, the chokes clean up in a flash whenever you clean your gun.

hope that helps n good shooting,
    Tom

7. coyote268

coyote268 TS Member

Hi Tom, thanks for the info. Looks like pretty impresive stuff.
    Dan

8. birdogs

birdogs TS Member

Sorry! It is Slip 2000 and it is great.

9. Andy44

Andy44 Active Member

BullFrog RustHunter is the best protection in a can!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

browning silicone cloth

rusteprufe nitro solvent