1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

SILE company stocks

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by dale1957, Feb 10, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dale1957

dale1957 Member

Has anyone heard or know anything about this companies wooden stocks? I found 1 for an 1100 for sale. Stock looks nice, just wondered how they fit. Thanks Dale

2. RFGA2

RFGA2 Member

Sile was an importer based in NYC in the 60's and 70's and 80s. They also had a location in Meriden, CT for a long time and it was this location that serviced many of the firearms factories with wood. I worked at Mossberg at the time and we bought most of our birch stocks and forearms from SIle. Also they supplied Winchester, Savage and I believe Marlin.

If you have an early Krieghoff with the Red stock, you will find that these stocks were also marked SILE.

I don't know about Remington buying from them, but since Remington was based in Bridgeport, CT for a long time I would not doubt that Sile sold them too.

The owners name was Nick DeRobertis. They were also a distributor for most of the firearms companies as well and their location was on Centre Market Place next to the John Jovino Co. this was in the late 70s.

Bob Gibson
    Charlotte,NC

3. bigbore613

bigbore613 Active Member

4. whiz white

whiz white Strong Supporter of Trapshooting Banned

I sold many of these cheaper stocks and they fit fine.

WW

5. dale1957

dale1957 Member

What is funny big bore? Tell us so we can laugh too.

6. willing

willing Member

I had one on an 1100, as I recall I had to use a spacer to make the stockbolt fit.

Bill

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page
derobertis wood stocks

sile gun stocks

sile gunstocks
sile shotgun stocks

sile stock

sile stocks

siles gun stocks