1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Signs of Global Warming in Nashville TN

Discussion in 'Politics, Elections & Legislation' started by TNCoach, Jan 30, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TNCoach

TNCoach Member

I live a few miles down the road from Al Gore, and I wonder if has one of Nashville's 13 city snowplows digging him out?

With no signs of melting we have major accumulation for here and a low tonight of 9 degrees.

My son wants to walk down and ask him if this was caused by Global Warming?

TNCoach

P.S. They really need someone that knows how to run a plow down here.

2. birddog1964

birddog1964 TS Member

How much snow did you get in Nashville, I live in east Tenn and got 7"+ and still snowing.

lee
    [​IMG]

3. TNCoach

TNCoach Member

lee,

It looks like our backyard, but the roads are solid ice. We got the snow yesterday then the freezing rain fell last night!

I haven't seen it this bad in the last 12 years I've been here. The snow seems to have tapered off, but who knows when the next wave will hit. I heard they closed some roads and most businesses closed here around noon yesterday.

The city went with a beet juice de-icer, but I think it's going to be too cold here to do much good - it should be fun trying to make it to work on Monday!

good luck,
    tncoach

4. WoodsonEnt

WoodsonEnt Active Member

Well I am about 120 miles from TN Coach and Nashville. I am in Western KY and got a good amount of snow. No ice though, got enough of that this time last year. I did however get alot of accomplished today. Too cold and snowy to go anywhere!

Matt Woodson

5. oskerspap12

oskerspap12 Active Member

Howdy Y'all,
    They were calling for about an inch or so up here(Frederick Md.),"its all staying to the south".............7 inches later.
    Thats all for now.....Stay warm.
    D.P.Reynolds

6. Shooting Coach

Shooting Coach Well-Known Member

Last time it did this was in early 1995. Ice storm, our electric service was out at our farm in Cumberland Furnace for over 2 weeks. We had propane heaters with an outside tank and manual thermostats.

Not one vehicle has gone by my house today in Nashville. I live on a back road. No mail, nothing. Car is coated with ice. No need to go out and get hammered by a new driver.

I put new tires on the road bike today for the upcoming cycling season. Been daydreaming about good riding weather. Maybe a little shooting weather, too.

7. timb99

timb99 Well-Known Member

Naaah, they'll say "you don't understand...its not global warming...its 'climate change.'"

8. NintyT

NintyT Member

Haven't seen much of old "Algore" lately. One of the things that make me wanna go "Hmmmm?"

9. TNCoach

TNCoach Member

Hey Matt,

...at lease they know how to plow snow in KY.

You would think from all that hot-air bottled up at the Gore house that the temperature would keep Nashville above freezing? He's not too well loved here in his home state as you might expect. I've heard some of the old stories from his days at the Tennessean that I don't think the media ever knew about - boys will be boys.

Stay warm,
    TNCoach

10. WoodsonEnt

WoodsonEnt Active Member

TNCoach,

Yeah, they know how to plow snow. One came by the house this afternoon. Roads are a little better up here.

Matt

11. dt10john

dt10john Member

My Aunt lives in Old Hickory. She stated the Auto Body shops will be busy the next couple of weeks.

Al is a tool for the One World Gumbit Types..

12. Bob Schultz

Bob Schultz Well-Known Member Supporting Vendor

We have similar signs of Global Warming here in NC! I just wish I didn't have to shovel all this warming stuff....

Bob

13. WoodsonEnt

WoodsonEnt Active Member

Bob,

That picture is not common in NC, is it?

14. DoubleAuto

DoubleAuto Well-Known Member

Live up on Flattop Mountain 20 miles north of Chattanooga. Between 6 and 8 inches of snow on the ground and then had sleet/ice fall covering the trees. Just got electricity back after 34 hours of it being off. Ice is finally starting to fall off the trees. Come on Sunshine and above freezing temperatures.

DoubleAuto

15. shrek

shrek Active Member

I remember the snow in Tennessee that fell in the early spring of 93 I think it was anyway.

That ground things to a halt for a while I lived in Knoxville at the time.

Also didn't that the rest of the residents of "The Great State of Tennessee" let that sorry varmint Al Gore back in....

I thought he stayed in Washington D.C with the rest of his kind...

16. Model Number 12

Model Number 12 TS Member

You guys have it easy. My grandfather, who was born in Maine, always said that they had 2 seasons--July and winter.

17. TNCoach

TNCoach Member

It's melting in Nashville, but I heard that yesterday Al came out of his Belle Meade mansion long enough to see his shadow and declare 6 more weeks of Global Warming.

On a sad note I did hear that there were over 200 kids that were taken to Vanderbilt Medical Center for treatment in serious sledding accidents over the weekend?

Guns are safer than sleds in Nashville,
    TNCoach

18. HC_John

HC_John TS Member

And here I was going to leave Michigan to get away from the cold and snow. It looks like I would be better to stay here. lol

John MI

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

global warming nashville