1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Sight plane with a TMX

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by miketmx, Apr 22, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. miketmx

miketmx Well-Known Member

I definitely see some rib on my TMX, it shoots about 9 inches high at 40 yards. I believe what Daro Handy wrote in his book that you should see some rib because if you are looking flat down the rib the receiver will obscure some of your view of the target. It is very hard for an observer to accurately tell if you are shooting over the target unless he/she knows what to look for. I got used to having a little daylight under the bird when I shoot. You want a trapgun to shoot high enough so you never have to blot out the bird because it is hard to hit what you cannot see.

2. romie

romie Active Member

Try raising your hold point..It helped me..Monty

3. rrose

rrose TS Member

Joe
    I just finished a very good 2 day clinic and this exact situation was addressed. I doubt you will be able to see it with out a video camera but for the 10 of us almost with out exception when we shot over a straight away we had arm shot and did not keep the gun, head relationship firm. What happens is you raise the barrel up with your arm and the sight pic looks perfect but you did not move your head up/back with the gun so you shoot over the target. It is hard to raise the gun up for a straight away target and keep your head locked on the stock with out raising only the barrel end of the gun. I would not have believed it with out seeing it on the camera as your sight picture looks perfect, With the camera you can see that the head stays level and the barrel goes up and it is easy to see by the relationship of the barrel and your hat. Just a thought.
    randy

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.