1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

SIGHT BLINDERS

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by Trap2, Nov 19, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Trap2

Trap2 Well-Known Member

I currently have a set of Meadow Industries stick on sight blinders on both my combo barrels. I want to have a set installed more permanently to the side of the ribs. I don't like looking at the "hump" on the rear of the stick on ones when I look down the rib. I saw the thread with Drew's 1100 where the side of the rib looked like it was drilled for a blinder, however, it appears that the hole is actually drilled into a rib post, rather than the rib itself. I want these blinders installed on my DB-81 combo, and it doesn't look like there is a rib post to use for this purpose. Has anyone had a set of these installed on a high ribbed gun, and if so, how was it mounted? Who did the installation for you? Thanks for your responses......Dan Thome (Trap2)

2. Capt. Morgan

Capt. Morgan TS Member

Be careful installing the blinder on the side of the rib. If the rib is tapered (wider at receiver, narrower at muzzle... I don't know your gun), mounting it on the side of the rib will make it appear much wider (and much more obvious) than it actually is when you sight down the rib.

Meadow Industries has some sort of cautionary statement to that effect in their installation instructions.

I don't know if you can adapt something, but I made one that mounts in the identical way to Meadow's except it mounts to the underside of the rib. There is an appropriately placed notch for the one rib post that is in the way but it works just like the ones mounted on top.

Morgan

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

sight blinders for shooters