1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Sight Blinder

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Capt_ed, Apr 2, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Capt_ed

Capt_ed Member

Does anyone use or have an opinion (LOL) on the stick-on ,add-on sight blinder to help with cross eye dominance. I am looking to open my left eye after being a one eyed shooter for 25 years

2. pullbangloss

pullbangloss Active Member

They work. My 1st experience I did not give it enough time. If you are not willing to commit two months to it, save your money.

My two cents.

Matt Ski

3. Bob Schultz

Bob Schultz Well-Known Member Supporting Vendor

I use one of the stick-on types on both barrels of my combo set. My right eye is dominant however I'll cross sight a left angle from post one or two once in a while and do a similar move on the left bird in doubles from one and two. I don't see (pardon the pun..) a downside to them only a plus. I don't even notice them any more.

Bob Schultz

4. Kemper

Kemper Active Member

The're like chicken soup, can't hurt anything. Removes al doubt about X firing.

5. RogerAckerman

RogerAckerman Member

I was havig a problem off and on with cross eye dominance on hard lefts also, A friend of mine Dave out at our club (St.Charles Club)set me up with a stick on sight blinder and it's worked out great for me. I would recommend using one even if you only experiance the cross over even once in awhile.

6. Gun Dog

Gun Dog TS Member

I'm a believer. After a little fatigue sets in I would tend to have a problem so I stuck one on my citori. I figured it cant hurt (still didn't know exactly what the problem was). It eliminated the problem !

I like to shoot different guns and usually don't have a problem, but now I know when its time to shoot the Citori. or wish I had it along.

7. SMOKEIT

SMOKEIT Well-Known Member

Sight blinders did not work for me. The blinder acted as a magnet for my left eye....SMOKIT

8. Kemper

Kemper Active Member

The're like chicken soup, can't hurt anything. Removes al doubt about X firing.

9. Garry

Garry Active Member

After you have proven the stick-on type works for you and you wanted to mount a permanent type which one is the most popular?

10. jdsfarms

jdsfarms Well-Known Member

My experience is similar to what Bob said and I don't notice it anymore either but does take a while to get used to.Jerry

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.