1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

sight blinder on rib?

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by RAScott, May 12, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RAScott

RAScott Member

I recently bought a sight blinder from Meadow industries,the kind that attaches on the rib and blocks the not dominent eye.I Set it one the rib and I see the beads and I also see the side of the blider.

My question is.Is this a normal thing? and is there a learning curve when using this?

I shoot 2 eyes, and occasionaly think that I switch eyes. I have not attached the blinder yet, And I was alittle surprised to be able to see the blider in my periferal vision.
    Bob S

2. Jim Porter

Jim Porter Well-Known Member

Me too-- you will see the blinder and you are supposed to in your periferal vision. What it is intended to do, and will do, is to keep your left eye (if you are right dominant) from taking over and throwing your lead off. There is a learning curve and it all starts with concentrating on the target. You will see the blinder, just don't pay any attention to it. It takes a day or two but if you have the problem, well worth it.

3. grntitan

grntitan Well-Known Member

Its the same principle as the dot or tape on your lense. Just ignore the blinder and watch the target as Jim told you to do. It takes a little adjusting and getting used too. I've used both the dot and blinder but liked the dot more(my opinion only). My scores went down a bit before i got used to it then went up in a big way. They say two eyes are better than one and they were right.---Matt

4. grnberetcj

grnberetcj Active Member

3/4" piece of tape across the lens of the offending eye.

Curt

5. bluedsteel

bluedsteel Member

I have the Meadow blinder installed on one trap gun, and I installed the Hi-Viz Magni-Comp sight (same concept) on another. Neither device enabled me to do away with my eye blinder mounted on my shooting glasses.

bluedsteel

6. jdsfarms

jdsfarms Well-Known Member

I too with a blinder still have to use a dot on my glasses.With the blinder and no dot you will still see two barrels if you have eye issues but only one barrel will have a bead so you will know which one to use.Jerry

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

trap shooting sight blinder for sale