Trapshooters Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sig Sauer pistol confusion

2K views 10 replies 8 participants last post by  Top Single DT10 
#1 ·
I am thinking about picking up a 9mm pistol just for fun. Sometimes you get an itch and just have to scratch it. So I have been cruising the websites of my favorite manufacturers (HK, Sig, Glock). I love my full size USP .45, it has gone bang every single time I have pulled the trigger...even with cheap range ammo. It is fun to shoot and I have enjoyed every moment with it. I have also shot about every model of Sig made and totally enjoyed them too. I like the more traditional grip angle vs the Glock. Though a G34 is on my short list too. I just want something fun to shoot that is cheaper than shooting 45ACP.

So now I am looking for something to shoot paper targets with. The catch is that I live in California. Now here is where it gets interesting. Sig has a little spec sheet for each pistol on their website. It gives the technical details along with Ca state compatibility. Ok, I guess that means that they make a 10 round magazine for those guns. I would love to reload less, but I can deal with it. What I don't understand is how they determine the compatibility? The 232 for example. The black version says "not Ca compatible." Yet the stainless version of the same gun says "compatible?" Also a P210 is not legal in California, huh? I am wondering if the Sig website is really up to date.

There are dozens of other models on their website that follow the same confusing compatibility "logic." Black 226 is ok but a green one isn't. I have not been able to figure out what the rules are based on their website.

I know that I can go to the local shop and see which ones they can order, but I am looking to do my homework first.

Does anyone have a link to a website that shows whats in and whats out? I know it is probably on the California DOJ website, I was just hoping that someone here could point me in the right direction. Thanks!

-Aaron Valdes

See less See more
#2 ·
It's not just the magazine capacity that matters in CA. Not sure if the manufacturer needs to supply an empty, fired shell, but I am fairly certain that the gun will have to have been submitted for 'testing' by the state. The manufacturer pays for it, and it is by model - specific model. So a black SIG, which I am certain is a different model that the stainless one - both will need to be tested independently.

#10 ·
Does everyone think that CA is the only state with restrictions on approved or disapproved guns. If so think again.

If you compare the lists you will see that Mass doesn't allow Springfield Armory, Kimber, Colt and there are more.

As a matter of fact from the gun shops I have visited there are no Glocks even though they are on the list????? Used Glocks can be purchased but no new ones.

My point is it isn't just CA that has no second amendment rights!!!!!!

Bob Lawless

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.