1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

sig sauer mosquito problems

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by 7815wayne, May 7, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 7815wayne

7815wayne Member

Does anyone out there have a Sig Sauer Mosquito 22 cal. pistol that will function? Mine was bought new and has jammed on about every clip full. Sometimes 4 to 6 times in a 10 round clip. I called their service center and was told it is not broken in. Also to buy Frog's lube and treat the gun at least twice. This was done and has helped a little. I have tried several brands of ammo with CCI standard giving good results. Thought problem was solved but last session at range was a disaster. Any ideas? Wayne

2. trapshooter5

trapshooter5 Member

Wayne: I have a Mosquito that has become my favorite pistol..A shooting buddy let me shoot his and I bought one! Be sure to use only CCI "Mini-Mags" in it. The instruction book tells you that. Make sure you have the correct spring installed (it comes with two). I clean mine regularly and NEVER have a feed problem as long as I use the right ammo. Paul in Virginia

3. HSLDS

HSLDS Well-Known Member

How many mags do you have for it??

Sounds as if it may have bent lips on the mag (might it have been dropped?).

Your issue is very unusual for that pistol, if you have only one mag I'd try another...

4. mike campbell

mike campbell Active Member

"Be sure to use only CCI "Mini-Mags" in it. The instruction book tells you that"

The instruction book tells you this $400 pistol only functions with one brand of ammo?

5. rooferbob

rooferbob Active Member

Wayne I feel your pain. I too called them and they told that same shit of " it is not broken in" that's a bunch of BS. I threw it in the safe after about 1000 rounds and gave up on it, constantly jammed.The worst pistol I ever bought new!!!

And yes I tried several different mags and shells, even what was recommended by them.
    My 2 cents Rooferbob

6. OldGoat

OldGoat Well-Known Member

A good friend had one which he had the dealer return to the factory to address the frequent jamming problems. After it came back it seemed to work better, but he traded it off quickly thereafter. Regards, Ed

7. trapshooter5

trapshooter5 Member

Certain firearms require specific ammo to function properly...My Seecamp needs Winchester Silvertips per the manual-I don't have a problem with that. Seems that others here do. Paul in Virginia

8. mike campbell

mike campbell Active Member

Are the ammo makers obligated to keep making ammo for boutique guns?

I remember the 5mm Remington. I bought a lifetime supply of 17HMR. Just in case.

9. Flipmag

Flipmag TS Member

Everyone is right about the CCI Mini Mags. I have put hundreds of rounds through my Mosquito and not one problem. It is the fault of the ammo you use, not the gun.

10. Brian in Oregon

Brian in Oregon Well-Known Member

Deplorable Bitter Clinger in Liberal La La Land
    This is one of the reasons why I went with a Buckmark. It cycles everything from subsonics to Mini-Mags. SIG makes good centerfires, but their rimfires suck.

11. fordtough

fordtough Member

i have fired 500plus rem subsonic with gemtek outback suppressor never jammed never cleaned..yet

12. Brian in Oregon

Brian in Oregon Well-Known Member

Deplorable Bitter Clinger in Liberal La La Land
    Wait until the slide hold open wears out.

13. primed

primed Well-Known Member

Tried a friend's and loved it. Ordered three for training and they are all bad. All three have been back to Sig. One got the barrel replaced and the other two came back "barrel reemed". Still ca't get through a box of ammo without trouble feeding and/or jamming. Magazines don't seem to matter as I have tried all six mags in each gun with the same result. Ammo doesn't seem to matter...tried most. Friend says his runs best on the cheaper ammo. The "cheaper the better" he claims. Not much difference in my experience.

I believe most Sig products are warranted for life. The Mosquito for one year. Should have told me something. My understanding is that these are actually built by GSG or something like that.

With the slide removed, when I push down on the slide release, the side of the frame flexs quite a bit. That was also in the service write up but they did not say anything about that with the returned guns.

The two friends still love theirs and they see to run fine. The one friend did start to develop some problems using CCI ammo. The lead is covered with wax and actually had so much wax on the walls of the magazine that it was affecting function. Removed the wax and has been very happy since then.

Good luck.

Bob

14. Barry C. Roach

Barry C. Roach Well-Known Member

Spray it down with Deep Woods Off

15. rooferbob

rooferbob Active Member

what does deep woods off do for a jammimg gun? I just gotta know.

16. bigbore613

bigbore613 Active Member

Now thats funny!

17. 7815wayne

7815wayne Member

Thanks for the response to my problem. I have tried CCI mini mag ammo with about 5 jams per clip. I have tried both springs and combinations with various ammo. Going to call their service center again. I can not believe Sig Sauer would put out such a poor product. The blogs are full of problems with this pistol. Guess I will grind it up and add to some hamburger then eat it. Wayne

18. rooferbob

rooferbob Active Member

Wayne
    Please advise all of us other SUCKERS who bought his junk, what they tell you.
    I am really curious if they would ever consider recalling or refunding our money or at least offing something better in trade.
    Rooferbob

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page
has sig sauer corrected the problems with the mosquito
has sig sauer fixed the mosquito problems
sig sauer mosquito issues
sig sauer mosquito jamming

sig sauer mosquito jamming problems

sig sauer mosquito problems
sig sauer mosquito recall
what spring should i use for my sig mosquito