1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Sig 210/Kimber Gold Match II in 9mm

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by Chichay, Nov 10, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Chichay

Chichay TS Supporters TS Supporters

Have researched these in the internet but would appreciate to hear from owners of either of these pistols. Thanks.

2. crusha

crusha TS Member

"For carry, I prefer blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah..."

3. chiefjon

chiefjon Active Member

I don't know if you are asking a serious question or "trolling", but...since I have carried in uniform and in plain clothes for 48 years, I will tell you what I feel. I carry a Beretta Cougar .40 on duty and off. It is larger than most concealed and smaller than many on duty. I have fired thousands of rounds through it, I trust it, I depend on it. If you find a gun you trust, make whatever accomodations you need to to feel comfortable with it. I also carry a S&W 4516, a S&W 669 and a Beretta Mod 21. They all have been extensively used and I trust them. Carry what you want, but shoot the crap out of it so you know what you can do with it and what it will do when you need it. PS...I don't carry them all at the same time.

JON

4. vpr80

vpr80 Active Member

You want to compare a Sig 210 to a Kimber? Well let's see, one is one of the best firearms ever made. And the other is a Kimber.

Seriously though, buy the Sig. Kimber is nothing special.

5. AveragEd

AveragEd Well-Known Member

I just bought a new Kimber Stainless Gold Match II in .45ACP and plan to shoot it tomorrow morning for the first time, so I can't comment on its performance. But the S&W-trained gunsmith to whom my guns are shipped pronounced it a "very nice pistol." He said the lockup is drum-tight with no "bounce" and four out of five trigger pull weights were 4 pounds, 13 ounces - the exception was four pounds, 12 ounces and all were very crisp. The bore is mirror-like and the rifling is razor-sharp. All in all, he feels it is very well-made and that it should be highly accurate.

That probably isn't the kind of info you're after but it speaks for the build quality of the Kimber.

Ed

6. short shucker

short shucker TS Member

vpr80,

I agree. Kimber use to be something 10 or 15 years ago, but what they build today is mediocre at best.

ss

7. Unsingle

Unsingle Member

The Sig P210 is one of the finest handguns ever made. Most people have never seen one or know what it is. In my opinion, it is a gun for someone that treasures fine guns and not a gun to be carried or abused. It is as smooth as butter, and one of the most accurate guns I own. With that said, there are a lot of 1911's and other guns that make fine carry guns. Buy a Kimber, Wilson, Sig, or other good gun to carry, but put the P210 in the safe for your grandchildren to enjoy, and on those special occasions, for you to look at and to shoot.

8. EEB

EEB Member

I shot a 210 for a number of years. A few impresions, because of the safety setup it really is not practical for concealed carry. The slide will also bite your hand on recoil. That said, if you like well made weapons with a very high degree of fit and finish then buy it. You will marvel at the workmanship. I also have a 15 year old Kimber Gold Match that is highly accurate and well made. Can't comment on the new ones.

9. Jeff P

Jeff P Well-Known Member

I'm with EEB on the old gold match's...I have one that must be 12 years old....it shoots way better than I can shoot it.

10. FIB

FIB Member

I had a SIG P-210-6 and really enjoyed it. Unfortunately due to a job loss I had to sell it. They are beautifully made/machined. Perhaps I can own another someday....

11. ColtM1911A1

ColtM1911A1 Member

Sig 210, a bit overrated, but still a superb weapon by many standards...

I carry an O framed Colt style and probably always will. Mine is a custom gun, made by Guncrafters, and will stand with any when compared with the best. Buy a nice new ( or used) 1911 in whatever flavor you'd like. Some of the best 1911's are Colt, Wilson Combat, Baer, Brown, and a few others. Buy quality and it will return the favor several times over. If I didn't have my Guncrafters 1911, I'd carry a Wilson Combat CQB. Good luck...

12. shannon391

shannon391 Active Member

If you want an old school mid sized, heavier steel gun in 9mm consider the Browning High power. 12+1.

Proven world wide since 1935.

13. billyboy07208

billyboy07208 Member

I have the p210,and also other 1911`s like colt.i can say my 210 has never ever jammed or ftf with factory ammo,even wolf steel case,some have bobbed hammers and beavertails to prevent hammerbite.besides the high power suggestion,I would suggest-since you have the coin for a p210- to look up the STI international edge,or the smith wesson 952 longslide performance center,these are every bit prescision as the sig210 IMHO.

14. sliverbulletexpress

sliverbulletexpress TS Member

IMO the new Sig X5 Competition is a better pistol than the old 210 as far as Sigs go.

15. Unsingle

Unsingle Member

Silverbulletexpress - the Sig X5, another gun that most people have never seen or shot. It too is a beauty, along with its brother the X6. I know where there are one of each, but the guy is not sure he wants to sell them. I think he probably bought them when he was in Europe. I would really like to have the X5, but I reload for the .45. I sure don't need anymore guns.

16. Chichay

Chichay TS Supporters TS Supporters

Thanks for all the input. Ended up buying the Sig 210, and placing an order for the Sig 226X5-40-L1. Plan to use both for informal target-shooting/plinking. Unfortunately, I live in NJ, and have just taken possession of another handgun recently. Can't pick up the 210 until after Thanksgiving, and the X5, 30 days after that (if it comes by then). There is simply NWIH one is able to get a carry permit in this state, so I envy you guys who live elsewhere that have that right. Have a good and safe Thanksgiving.

17. Unsingle

Unsingle Member

Chichay - two totally different guns, but wow, what fun to look forward to. You will be surprised at how big the X5 is if you have not already handled one. Both are super shooters.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.