1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Side to Side POI

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Drake20, Jun 4, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Drake20

Drake20 Member

Need Help, I shoot a Browning XT Unsingle and have an adjustable butt plate and Comb. My beads line up perfectly but my gun is shooting to the left of center a few inches. I noticed I was breaking the left side of all straightaway targets. Once I started aiming to the right of the target, I would smoke them. From the 27 yard line, on a hard left, I can be right on the target or even on the back edge and smoke the target. What is the best solution for fixing this problem when you beads are lining up perfectly..

2. hmb

hmb Well-Known Member

If the barrel has screw in chokes the problem could be corrected by changing the choke tube. Other wise the problem should be corrected by a barrel smith like Wilkinson. HMB

3. BigM-Perazzi

BigM-Perazzi Well-Known Member

Careful for what you ask for lol...

4. Neil Winston

Neil Winston Well-Known Member

The first thing to do is find out if you are right about where it shoots. Up close, off a rest, and half a box of shells will tell you that.

Neil

5. dverna

dverna Active Member

I thought my gun was shooting left until I benched it.

After you bench it, shoot it at the patterning board off-hand.

If it is only off a couple of inches (at 32 yards), you move the comb right (about 1/16" for every two inches it shoots left at 32 yards) if you can live with off-center beads.

If you cannot live with off canter beads see hmb's post.

Don Verna

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.