1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

side mounts - Mannlicher Schoenauer

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by jbscuba, Aug 14, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jbscuba

jbscuba TS Member

I have my dad's gun and it is in mint condition. The model is an MC with serial number 32180. I read that some of the pre -' 65 models did not have the barrel pre drilled for a front scope, but did have rear tapped holes. I also read that post - ' 65 guns had both front and rear tapped holes.
    My rifle has 2 rear screws but no front holes.
    I know my father bought the gun at Abercrombie & Fitch in NYC when they sold top of the line guns. I am not sure when he bought it.
    He indicated the gun could use a side mount and it was ready for one.
    I see that the inside left plate has been removed when I look along the side of the gun, to accomodate side scope mounts.
    I have a Simmons 3X9 scope and a Weaver 2.5 - 7 scope.
    I would like to put a side mount on the gun, because I do not want to drill any holes into the gun if not necessary.
    Do you know where I can purchase the side mount for this gun? I believe a packmayr or paul jaeger quick release mount may work? Do I need holes drilled for this? Do you have any other suggestions?
    Thank you!

2. shark1

shark1 Member

I am looking at the SHOOTERS BIBLE 1968 NO.59 pictured Jaeger Side mount would require drilling, none pictured for G&H. I have had 9 M.S. rifles but never with a G&H or Jaeger mount. If you want e-mail me. Year of production should be stamped on the side of the barrel. Go to Mannlicher collectors site and that would give you the best info.
    Mike Sharkey, DC

3. jbscuba

jbscuba TS Member

Thank for your reply. What would you suggest as the best scope mount to use on this gun? I prefer not to drill holes if not necessary.

4. cubancigar2000

cubancigar2000 Well-Known Member

Brownells has what you want

5. shark1

shark1 Member

I would look for a facrory swing of set which covers the barrel and requires no drilling. This mount will allow the rifle in most cases to use both safties, (on bolt if present). Go to a true barrel style claw mount is another suggestion. Do not drill. Do not add a recoil pad. Take your time the parts will surface. PS I had the ultra 338 win mag, (regret selling it every day).
    Mike Sharkey, D.C.

6. jbscuba

jbscuba TS Member

Mike,
    I see from another forum that this gun also had rail and ring mounts that did not require drilling. They were only $36.00 back then. I hope I can find them somehow, find the ones you mentioned. Thanks again!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page
jaeger side mount for sale

mannlicher schoenauer parts

mannlicher schoenauer scope mounts

mannlicher schoenauer scope mounts for sale

paul jaeger scope mount
paul jaeger scope mount for sale
paul jaeger scope mounts
putting a scope on a manlicher