1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Side-by-Side Match in New England to benefit GOAL!

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Porcupine, Apr 19, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Porcupine

Porcupine Active Member

On Saturday May 21, in conjunction with Gun Owners' Action League (GOAL, our Massachusetts NRA affiliate), Maspenock Rod and Gun Club of Milford, Massachusetts will be hosting the First Annual Side-by-Side shotgun match to benefit GOAL. Registration and squadding will begin at 9:00 AM. Course-of-fire is 25 'double-wobble' target presentations. All SxS-ers are welcome. $35 cost includes clays, lunch and raffle tickets. For more info, visit either GOAL's web site (http://www.goal.org) or or the web site of Maspenock Rod and Gun (http://www.maspenockrodandgun.org), or reply here. Thanks.

LA in MA

2. Porcupine

Porcupine Active Member

3. yvonne

yvonne Banned User Banned

4. Model Number 12

Model Number 12 TS Member

My friends in Woonsocket want to know when the Side-By-Each Match will be had. Several have told me that they're looking for their twice barrels,eh?

5. seitz647

seitz647 Member

Double wobble? Wobble trap or skeet?

6. Porcupine

Porcupine Active Member

2011 Vintage Doubles Match at Maspenock Rod and Gun Club, Inc. on Saturday, May 21, 2011, starting at 9:00 AM to benefit Gun Owners' Action League (Massachusetts NRA Affiliate)

Match Course-of-Fire and Other Information

SAFETY IS THE PRIMARY CONSIDERATION! 1. All shooters are responsible for being familiar with the proper and safe use of their firearm(s)! 2. All shooters must be sure that any firearm(s) they use are safe to shoot! 3. All shooters must be sure that their ammunition is compatible and safe with their firearm(s)! 4. All shooters must wear eye and ear protection! 5. Chambers may be loaded but the actions must be kept open until you shoot!

Course-of-Fire: 50 clays per round purchased (25 ‘modified double-wobble’ targets), Ten clays per station at about ten yards, five stations per relay, low-hold. Shots not taken at called-for unbroken clays, for any reason (including dysfunctional firearms), will be considered lost targets (just like hunting).

Firearms:Side-by-Side shotguns only, any gauge; There will not be any Club loaners available at the Match.

Ammunition: Restricted to target loads only, 7 ½’s or 3-dr eq maximum! 12-gauge and 20-gauge ammo may be purchased at the Match.

Prizes: High Over-all & Runner-Up, 12-Gauge; High Over-all & Runner-Up, Sub-Gauge; Raffle prizes throughout the day

Prices: $35 for first round, $15 for subsequent rounds; All proceeds to benefit Gun Owners’ Action League.

Includes: Clays, lunch, 5 raffle tickets (additional raffle tickets may be purchased).

PM me if any questions. Thanks.

LA in MA

7. yvonne

Low-hold????? WHAT IS THAT? Are you saying we can NOT mount the gun? You expect us girlie girls to low mount the gun? I have boobs? Have you ever tried low mounting a gun and getting the gun UP over boobs???? I'll bring you one of my shooting vests and show you what happens to the shooting pad! I'm NOT cutting my POLI sxs to shoot low gun!

8. clb

clb TS Member

yvonne, maybe it's time for a boob reduction???

9. yvonne

NO....I want Girlie rules!

10. Bob Hawkes

Bob Hawkes Well-Known Member

Go get'em Yvonne, I'm rooting for you. Show them how it's done.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

side by side shotgun matches