1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.

Side by side leather

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by amboy49, Sep 16, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. amboy49

amboy49 Member

I guess this is "shooting related" although could be considered "want to buy."

I recently purchased an RBL 20 ga I plan to hunt grouse and woodcock with. It has a splinter forearm. I have seen a "slip on" leather piece that will help fill my left hand on the side by side. I've done a Google search but nothing comes up re: where I might be able to purchase something like this.

Any suggestions greatly appreciated. I've tried Cabelas, Bass Pro, Orvis with no luck. I feel certain there is such a thing - apparently I'm not typing in the correct combination of words.

Thanks in advance.
  2. mike campbell

mike campbell Member

3. hunter44

hunter44 Active Member

amboy49, I found this one on Midway USA's website.....I'm sure there are others out there........good luck!

$49.99 Status: Available Ready to ship Email this Page to a Friend Quantity: Add to Cart Add to Wish List Please Sign In to use this feature.
    Product Information
    Galazan Barrel Handguards are made to slip over the barrels of double guns to provide a better grip on splinter-type forends. They also protect your hands from hot barrels due to their durable spring steel and leather construction. The leather is tanned, dyed and coated so it will not effect the gun bluing or wood finish. Black.

Technical Information

Material: Leather over Spring Steel

Finish: Black

Features:

•Slips over barrels of side-by-side guns to provide better grip on splinter forends

•Protects hands from hot barrels
  4. eightbore

eightbore Active Member

The best handguards are made by John Bugden of Murray, Kentucky. He does not have a website, but his phone # is 270-753-0305. He attends most East Coast side by side events.
  5. johnboy

johnboy Member

I have a Bugden handguard and I think John has made handguards for Galazan.
  6. rdf59

rdf59 Member

Connecticut Shotgun Manufacturing web site. They sell excellent ones
  7. fnj682

fnj682 Member

Best priced

http://www.jeffsoutfitters.com/_HAND1005_Leather_Hand_Guards-12__20__16__28GA___.410.aspx?panel=3&productid=161&categoryid=73
  8. brdslayr

brdslayr Active Member

$25 shipped. PM me if you would like it. JW
    Tried to upload a picture, but the site says it's not working right now. Looks just like the one at Jeffs.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.