1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Sicks Dorting Goods ... shells @ $2.98 a box

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by lumper, Sep 10, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. lumper

lumper TS Member

Yep ... thats right, Dicks has shells at $2.98 a box or $29.80 a flat. They may not be a target shell but instead just a game load shell of 1oz #8 @1290fps but it is still cheap shells so buy now and buy them ALL!

2. lumper

lumper TS Member

Oh yeah ... before the first non-math fool can obviously point out that they are boxes of only 20 let me be the first to say that they are but at $2.98 a box of 20 would equal $3.73 a box if they were 25 to a box.

Does anyone know where you can get shells for less than $37.30 a flat?

3. Vince McNamara

Vince McNamara Member

I stopped in at Dicks in Independence, Mo on the way back from the grand. They also won't sell you more than 10 boxes.

4. dmarbell

dmarbell Active Member

These are good loads for hunting, new shooters should perhaps think twice before shooting a lot of trap or other clays with them. They are 3 1/4 dram loads. Even at 1 oz., you might develop a slight flinch after four boxes.

Danny

5. lumper

lumper TS Member

Maybe it is just me but I have not been able to detect any differance in recoil from the 3-1/4 dram 1oz loads vs. the 3 dram 1-1/8oz loads but if 3-1/4 dram loads might be a little to strong for some you can always get the 3 dram 1oz loads on sale at Dick's for $17.98 a 4 pack or basically $4.50 a box.

6. ec90t

ec90t Guest

I can tell a lot of difference in recoil between a 3 1/4 dr 1 oz load, and a 3 dr 1 1/8 oz load. I shoot the one ouncers all day long on the sporting course without any problem what so ever. A lot of guys that I shoot with all say the same thing, so I know it's not just my imagination.

I may have to run over to Dicks today and pick up a few boxes.

ec90t

7. dmarbell

dmarbell Active Member

Earl,

I believe 1 oz. 1290 fps is the 3 1/4 dram load. It says it on the shell, but not on the box.

Danny

8. BMC

BMC Member

If they are the Rem Game Loads like were on sale at BPS recently, they are 25 per box like normal. Word is Rem is not going to make these anymore and apparently everyone who carries them is wanting to clean house. I got my two case allotment last week on the one day sale at BPS here. Three pallets were gone in one hour. Took the ad to Walmart to see if they would match. The hand held scanner said they were not going to carry this shell anymore....so the clerk sold me the last 15 boxes for $2 a box! I can't even remember the last time I bought a box of shells for two bucks. They shot great, used them for the second shot in doubles this weekend.

I agree with Lumper, the 1oz 1290 3-1/4 dram loads Dont Kick More than the 3 dram 1-1/8 ouncers. Those kick more than the one ounce. I shot over 800 of them here this weekend for two days. I couldn't do that with the 1-1/8 three drammers or I'd still be feeling it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.