1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Sick in Stomach

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by -3200, Apr 23, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. -3200

-3200 TS Member

I am a little sick in the stomach. I just trader guns and I'm not sure that I made the right decision. I shot a Ljutic Mono Gun for severl years and for some unknown reason thought I neeeded a KX-5. Well I traded my Ljutic and some money last Friday for the new KX-5. I have not shot it yet, also have not slept much sense then either. Can someone out there tell me that I made the right choice?

2. motordoctor

motordoctor Shoji Tabuchi in Branson

hey guys. I have shot a ljutic for 6 years and shoot the "cheap shells" and pat knows that. I have NEVER had one stick in my gun. I even carry a wad knocker outerereerere. I think the ljutic is a great gun BUT I did get an SS gun and love it. motordoc

3. -3200

-3200 TS Member

Hey guys, I know how good the Ljutic's are. I have had two of them. What I am looking for is someone to tell me that the KX -5 that I just bought is a good or better.

P3AT, you did not make me feel any better

4. BWF55

BWF55 TS Member

3200 For what its worth I went the other way, I bought a KX-5 as soon as they came out, what a nice gun. Must have shot 3000 or so rounds thru it and could not shoot a decent score with it and like Pat above my average went down. Bought a new Ljutic and couldn't be more pleased in fact last year I bought my wife a used Ljutic from P3AT and absolutley love that one. Just my .02 cents but I know a few shooters with KX-5's that won't part with them. Good luck.

5. Inkspot Kelly's Great-Nephew

Inkspot Kelly's Great-Nephew TS Member

Should have gone for the Kolar T/S if you wanted a single barrel gun.

6. -3200

-3200 TS Member

Thanks for the positive input hairy, thats why I shoot trap. Everyone in this sport is darn nice and honest. Ya Wright.

7. rennerize

rennerize Active Member

I have a LTD 2000 Ljutic that I would trade you.
    Don

8. Gilly

Gilly TS Member

You made a great choice. The K-gun will serve you well. Very simple trigger assembly, easy to adjust point of impact. With out question, the best singles and handicap gun I have ever shot.

Bob Gilchrist

West Virginia

9. shot410ga

shot410ga Well-Known Member

You will feel the recoil more in the "K" gun than the Ljutic. It's much lighter.

10. RLSS

RLSS TS Member

Well, at least you didn't trade a Perazzi for a SKB!

RLSS

11. bigclown

bigclown TS Member

Hey, I have had "seller's remorse" before I left the gun shop...and turned around and bought my old gun back for the $$ allowed on the trade-in (mercifully no tax). The only one smiling was the dealer - he sold two guns that day to me. :eek:) Ed

12. FarmerD

FarmerD TS Member

Just shoot it, it ain't the bow its the Indian and arrow. RG

13. halfmile

halfmile Well-Known Member

You need to have more than one trap gun so that you can stay rightfully confused and have an excuse any time the score is poor.

HM

14. bgf

bgf Active Member

I have had both and the KX-5 is a great gun. "I don't care about no stinking recoil"...but I have had a Win 101 and thought no recoil.

I will say, rennerize has made you an offer that is impossible to pass on...your K gun for his LTD Lujtic...wow...I am assuming even trade.

Or, shoot the KX-5 and let us know the results. Both are great guns but the LTD is a big step up.

Bernie

15. -3200

-3200 TS Member

Rennerize
    Sense I have not shot my new KX-5 yet, I must shoot it before trading again.
    As I said I have owned 2 Ljutic before. 1 was a X73 and the other a Mono gun. What is so special aabout an LTD, I am not familiar with that model. What does LTD stand for?

16. Ken X

Ken X TS Member

You won't get so tired carrying a heavy and bulky gun around that has bad resale value, and cheap shells won't stick in it!

17. The Rock

The Rock Active Member

Go shoot it and you will see no difference. Most of the difference in in the old noggin that is if the gun fits you to start with.

It is easy to blame a gun for your screw ups. When I it's me not the gun. Some guns you like better than others.

Lord knows why I keep coming back to that old Daly for some unknown reason. I shoot it no better I just like it better.. Go figure.

Rock

Jim

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.