1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

SI article on Hernandez's aftermath

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by dgh, Apr 20, 2017.

1. dgh

dgh Well-Known Member

9manfan and big kahuna thanked this.
  2. buck3200

buck3200 Well-Known Member

3. HSLDS

HSLDS Well-Known Member

With no proof to back it up... the use of anabolic steroids often results in a wildly aggressive personality traits.

It would be easy to understand that if he used these drugs to 'make' the team violence could easily be a side effect...

Food for thought.

4. ShotStop

ShotStop Dedicatedto keeping gun clubs open and shooting.

There are 10s of thousands like Hernandez. They are the product of the Democrat ruination of the traditional fabric of society instituted by LBJ and made increasingly virulent by all Democrats since. The purpose was to create an underclass dependent not on the family, moral values and a strong work ethic but dependent on the State. They earn their living on the Democrat Vote Plantation and supply government employment for workers who are also beholding to Democrats for their jobs. This is why every major city in the US has become a sh*thole.

Hernandez was just more visible because he could play football at a high level.

5. big kahuna

big kahuna Well-Known Member

Thanks for posting DGH. Great SI article. I say bad egg. Seems like his parents did a good job raising their kids. His brother turned out OK. IMHO in adulthood, Aaron didn't care about God, his family, his teammates, his talent and other peoples lives. He cared about himself. In the end he didn't have the courage to face the punishment handed down to him.
    George

CharlieAMA thanked this.
  6. shot410ga

shot410ga Well-Known Member

Perhaps Hernandez grew up and realized what a fool he had been. Self loathing was his cause of death.

PatMiles thanked this.
  7. big kahuna

big kahuna Well-Known Member

Had recent conversations with friends regarding our workforce. One was a contractor who said he was having a hard time finding people who even wanted to work. One was a friend who said the he was having a hard time getting his employees to even show up and one of his employees even had the nerve to ask for a raise after being employed at his company for three days. Another buddy who runs a manufacturing company said his people have terrible work ethics and seem to do as little as possible even though there are incentives. It seems as though a lot of these complaints are regarding the younger generation. All that being said, I whole heartily agree with ShotStop.
    George

8. Claypoppy

Claypoppy Well-Known Member

As a life-long Florida Gator fan, I have been following Hernandez's story closely.

All I can say is that he alone is responsible for all that happened to him, including ending his own life.

dale58 and big kahuna thanked this.
  9. PatMiles

PatMiles Well-Known Member

Yeppers, I agree!

10. 9manfan

9manfan Well-Known Member

Very well written article, Gayhoo should hire some writers like this, it is a sad story how someone had everything and lost it all and more.........

11. CharlieAMA

CharlieAMA TS Supporters TS Supporters

Thanks for posting that Doug. Sad story.

9manfan thanked this.
  12. rapid86

rapid86 Well-Known Member

Understand what you are saying but he didn't really lose it. He threw it away, intentionally.

13. Raycerx09

Raycerx09 TS Member

His self-worth was so fragile, he let what others thought of him dictate his choices. It's too bad.

buck3200 thanked this.
  14. grntitan

grntitan Well-Known Member

I read the whole article. I tend to think his brother didn't know him as well as he thought he did or perhaps as well as he did when they were younger. His brother had been getting in trouble in college and the NFL teams saw the writing on the wall which is why he dropped from 1st round to 4th round. No doubting the kid had talent, but he had the brain of a pile of dog crap. What I find the real shame is how him getting popped for murder ruined his brothers coaching career. That's just not right nor fair. Sounds like he has his head on straight and I wish him the best in his roofing business.

dgh thanked this.
  15. One Eyed Willie

One Eyed Willie Member

Why sit in prison for life? End it. I respect his decision. Still a very sad ending for someone who had it all at one time.

dgh thanked this.
  16. Rick Barker

Rick Barker Well-Known Member

17. dgh

dgh Well-Known Member

Isn't that a kick die in Prison and he is no longer considered a murderer.

DGH

18. HSLDS

HSLDS Well-Known Member

Looks like his brain is going to be examined - searching for CNS trauma from football...

19. pirates55

pirates55 Member

Seemed from the outside looking in he had everything going for him. Makes you wonder what was in his mind when he killed someone. Sad story all the way around.

20. durangojim

durangojim Member

If they expunge his conviction the Patroits might have to pay his family a $3.5 million bonus.