1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Shyda's Gun shop (Lebanon, PA)

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by sernv99, Sep 1, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sernv99

sernv99 Active Member

Shyda

stopped by Shyda's Gun shop in Lebanon, PA while driving up to upstate NY this week. Pretty nice shop, what a gunshop should be!!! Reloading components, all kinds of ammo (evne in hard to find Euro rifle metric calibers), good selection of bread and butter hunting and target guns. I wish there is a shop like that (catering to the shotgun target shooter) in the Washington DC metro area :-(

I assume they are reasonable to deal with on pricing? I was looking at a Teknys Sporting and a Browning XT and both were priced at about what you see on the street. Anyone have a positive/negative buying experience with them regarding guns?

2. AveragEd

AveragEd Well-Known Member

They are a bunch of nice folks, their selection is good and their prices are usually fair. It's all but an hour's drive there for me, so I usually patronize a small local shop. His prices might a little higher - perhaps $5 on an eight-pound jug of powder, for example - but it's five minutes and a lot less fuel from my home.

Ed

3. oleolliedawg

oleolliedawg Banned User Banned

Shyda's is an outstanding gun shop with knowledegable sales personnel and a great selection of merchandise. Owner Brian, isn't a bad shooter either-at times!!

4. sernv99

sernv99 Active Member

Shyda

stopped by Shyda's Gun shop in Lebanon, PA while driving up to upstate NY this week. Pretty nice shop, what a gunshop should be!!! Reloading components, all kinds of ammo (evne in hard to find Euro rifle metric calibers), good selection of bread and butter hunting and target guns. I wish there is a shop like that (catering to the shotgun target shooter) in the Washington DC metro area :-(

I assume they are reasonable to deal with on pricing? I was looking at a Teknys Sporting and a Browning XT and both were priced at about what you see on the street. Anyone have a positive/negative buying experience with them regarding guns?

5. AveragEd

AveragEd Well-Known Member

They are a bunch of nice folks, their selection is good and their prices are usually fair. It's all but an hour's drive there for me, so I usually patronize a small local shop. His prices might a little higher - perhaps $5 on an eight-pound jug of powder, for example - but it's five minutes and a lot less fuel from my home.

Ed

6. oleolliedawg

oleolliedawg Banned User Banned

Shyda's is an outstanding gun shop with knowledegable sales personnel and a great selection of merchandise. Owner Brian, isn't a bad shooter either-at times!!

7. zzt

zzt Well-Known Member

I like Shyda's very much. Good pricing and good service, plus they always have what you want in stock. It's quite a hike from our club, but the last three people to buy Browning shotguns went to Shyda's because they had the best price around.

8. B.C.

B.C. Member

Dont forget about the Clothing Barn that Doris has next door ! B.C.

9. Wayne of PA

Wayne of PA Member

I saw Doris at Palmyra last night. She was smoking targets really well. Probably practicing for the Westy next week.

Dale

10. Spanky

Spanky Active Member

Been going there for a long time. Have bought numerous guns and reloading supplies from them over the years. Something must be keeping me to go back. I'm more than satisfied with (2) Beretta autos I bought new there. Good luck and go back. Good folks there and the gal in the barn is fun to talk targets with.

11. Bushmaster1313

Bushmaster1313 Well-Known Member

I have seen nice guns posted by Shyda's on Gunbroker

12. JTEA

JTEA Member

Have purchased numerous guns of all kinds and reloading supplies over a couple decades from Shyda's. Fair on trades, usually have reloading supplies in stock.

Smaller shop east of Lebanon in Richland, PA. Richland Shooters Supply. Owner Jim has had medical issues, but is still open. Usually has lowest prices in area for guns and supplies, Shyda's is close in price.

Nice and informed people at both stores. The times I've visited this year Shyda's has had enough help to ensure that you don't have to wait long for help. Jim's can get backed up.

JT

13. sernv99

sernv99 Active Member

what is their ID on gunbroker?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page
syhdahs reloading
shyda shooter supply
shydas gun club

shydas gun shop

shydias gun shop