1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Shutting down

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by capvan, Nov 2, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. capvan

capvan Active Member

OK, I know this is overly simplistic, but...

Why don't they just shut down NYC, NJ, for a few days (except for essential services) to enable some clean up and repairs? I can't believe that all those people I saw trying to get into the city have jobs that are so important that they can't just simply stay home for a couple of days.

And still having that marathon is just ludicrous (sp). Heard that people that were lucky enough to find a hotel room for a few days are getting kicked out so runners/spectators can have a place to stay. Just unbelievable...

cap

2. gdbabin

gdbabin TS Member

Don't know that I agree that shutting down the world's largest economic center is a good idea. Surely however, many of those workers climbing over each other are non-essential.

The Mayor with his marathon IS a big mistake; especially so close to the ravages of the storm. Waiting a month or so would have served him better as a morale booster.

New York city slickers--what do you expect?

Guy B.

3. Rick Barker

Rick Barker Well-Known Member

They are starting to show impatience already and it has only been a couple days.

What after a couple weeks and see what the mood is.

Not everything gets done in a New York minute.

4. LUGNUTZ426

LUGNUTZ426 TS Member

I have seen 3 altercations already on gas lines. Best one near Coney Island involved a honda cutting the line in front of a "Sopranos" type in a Escalade. The honda got pushed into a dumpster to the applause of everyone on line. The guy said " you make a freakin stink and we'll put you and that piece of junk INTO the dumpster.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.