1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

"Shut your face Spike"!

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by Juno, Jun 6, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Juno

Juno TS Member

[​IMG]
    <br>
    Josey Wales has told director Spike Lee to "Shut his face" after the Obama backer recently complained of what he calls a lack of black actors in Clint Eastwoods recent WWII films. Speaking bluntly to The Guardian newspaper, Eastwood rejected Lee's complaints about the racial make-up of "Flags of Our Fathers" and "Letters From Iwo Jima," both from 2006, explaining that the black troops that did take part in the 1945 battle were assigned to munitions units and had no part in the flag-raising moment that is the focus of "Flags."

"The story is 'Flags of Our Fathers,' the famous flag-raising picture, and they didn't do that. If I go ahead and put an African-American actor in there, people'd go: 'This guy's lost his mind.' I mean, it's not accurate." Referring to Lee, he added: "A guy like him should shut his face." (Spitting chewing tobacco) "I reckon so".

2. SeldomShoots

SeldomShoots Active Member

You gotta love Josey Wales!!!!!

3. Bruce Specht

Bruce Specht Well-Known Member

Somebody as to spek up sometime to all thsi racist crap

4. Juno

Juno TS Member

"I play it the way I read it historically". "Thats all there is to it". Eastwood said. Eastwood's next project, meanwhile, is about Nelson Mandela and his fight to heal the wounds of apartheid in South Africa. Eastwood said he'll stay true the story when it's time to cast that film, titled "The Human Factor."

"I'm not going to make Nelson Mandela a white guy." Unless of course Spike considers Morgan Freeman white.

5. ccw1911

ccw1911 Member

Yeh but will he portray Mandela as the terrorist he is?

6. Brian in Oregon

Brian in Oregon Well-Known Member

Deplorable Bitter Clinger in Liberal La La Land
    Good. Someone finally stands up to revisionism.<br>
    <br>
    The simple fact is, negroes and orientals (to use the words of the time) were segregated into separate units.<br>
    <br>
    There are four good movies that deal with this. "Go for Broke" was produced during WWII. It is a fictionalized account of first and second generation Japanese troops fighting in Italy. It even touches upon the subject of interned Japanese citizens and resident aliens, which is surprising considering the time period it was filmed in. The unit portrayed went on to become the most decorated land unit of the war.<br>
    <br>
    The other is the recent "Tuskegee Airmen". While not without it's inaccuracies, the film also shows a segregated unit in action. The inaccuracy is that they never lost a bomber they were protecting. Records show they did, but you could count them on one hand.<br>
    <br>
    From a much earlier war is "Glory", about black troops in the Civil War. It's really not directly related to the issue at hand because of the time period, but nevertheless it is an excellent movie about segregated black troops.<br>
    <br>
    Another movie that deals with segregated units is "A Soldier's Story". This is a totally fictionalized movie, but, it is a reasonable portrayal of a segregated unit. The film is more fascinating for its detailed study of racism, ranging not only from subtle to blatant, but also being racist against your own race.<br>
    <br>
    The first films that dealt with integrated troops were about the Korean War, which is natural because that was the first war to integrate troops. Spike Lee has simply not done his history homework, Clint Eastwood has. An example is the movie "All the Young Men" with Alan Ladd and Sidney Poitier showed integrated troops in action.<br>
    <br>
    War movies that do not show integration when there was integration are just as wrong as those that show integration when there was segregation.<br>
    <br>
    BTW, as a related historical point, troops were integrated during the Revolutionary War and during the War of 1812. Some were free black volunteers, but a lot were involuntarily impressed by command of their white masters. This was shown in the movie "The Patriot".<br>
    <br>
    The bottom line is - Spike Lee really does need to shut up. And do some studying not only of history, but he needs to go rent some movies that deal with these subjects and open his eyes. Then, instead of telling other directors what to do, he should step up to the plate and tell the story his way.

7. halfmile

halfmile Well-Known Member

Don't forget Winnie. both were denied entry into Canada.

They accused Italian police of Racism. Gee Whiz.

Couple of Black Nazis is all.

HM

8. Ken X

Ken X TS Member

Whats just as bad is showing the blacks of 50 -75 years ago as EXTREMELY well dressed! I remember those days,and boy is THAT not accurate! They were lucky to have a suit or clothes that weren't worn out 20 years before. Is Spike Lee accurate about that in his movies? NOT! An ordinary guy on the street is dressed like a millionaire.

9. halfmile

The girlymen and women run the show. They are called Liberals.

The scum knows it too, and plays to the crowd.

HM

10. thunder

thunder Active Member

Wow is Clint sure that Obama's uncle wasn't their, OH thats right Obama never had a uncle in WWII. Glad someone shut this BS up, good job Clint.

11. Juno

Juno TS Member

"Shut your face Spike"

Hey Bro, what do you mean by "YOU PEOPLE"?

12. Hauxfan

Hauxfan Well-Known Member

Juno, While you may disagree with someone, there is no need to insult anyone.

When you insult someone, it means you couldn't come up with a valid argument against what he has stated.

You have no point, so you start throwing sticks and stones.

Sorry you can't do better than that.

Hauxfan!

13. Juno

Juno TS Member

"Shut your faceSpike"

It doesn't always mean that Haux. Sometimes it means I don't want to come up with an argument and I do want to insult the person. Especially when he is a jerk who has offered no point what so ever to argue.

14. bill1949

bill1949 Well-Known Member

Spike Lee gifted? With what, running his mouth and whining?...Bill

15. Hauxfan

Hauxfan Well-Known Member

Nice edit, Juno.

Hauxfan!

16. flylta

flylta TS Member

When "Whites" say something it's racist

When a black says something they are looking out for thier race.

Can someone explain this to me???

Ron

17. Dove Commander

Dove Commander TS Member

PTS, I don't understand how anyone in a gun sport can support the Libs. They push increased government control not just on our firarms, but our daily lives. If they had their way, we the public would be supporting any or all lazy POS that is unwilling to work hard enough to support themself. Plus raising taxes while doing it. Thats not what made America. Hard work and the desire to make a better life for your family made America. Even today, it is evident that many "foreigns" that have move to this country have more initiative than the big city "give me's"( look at our doctors and engineers)The government doesn't make money, they tax for it. Those taxes come from me, a "working bee".
    I'm in favor of cutting all social programs till people taking advantage of the "System" have to work somehow for their living, even if they have clean outhouses. No I don't care if they starve. Thats life. There are 4 generation social leeches in this country, and somewhere we have to draw the line. Same goes for the farm bill. It is no longer even similiar to it's original design.
    The republicans spent tax dollars like drunk sailors. They deserved to lose some seats in the house and senate. I hope the Dems learned a few lessons, but I doubt it. Right now I'm pretty sure were screwed in November.

18. Juno

Juno TS Member

Ron, let me explain the answer to your question.
    [​IMG]
    <object width="425" height="344">

19. Dove Commander

Dove Commander TS Member

PTS, You give a good explanation of your thought process, and I can't argue some of your points. But c'mon "Spike Lee is a gifted director"??? Did you say that just to start an argument? Regarding the national debt, it is a known fact that taxes won't get us out of debt. Only an increase in production/profit can do that. Michigan is an excellant example. I think your forgetting about the small employer that has 80% of the people employed in this country. They need every break they can get. Before 911, the war, and fuel prices going out of control (which is caused by speculators, not big oil), this was good place to live. Remember, the oil companies made a net of 4% last year. The government made 15% (taxes) on gasoline, and they aren't willing to give any back either. Who's making out better?

20. halfmile

Dove Commander, I have been a speculator, although not in oil. I also lost my Hiney on cattle at the same time Tyson was helping Hilary make $100,000.00 in cattle futures.

My point is that speculators do not drive the market unless they can corner it. There has to be a buyer for every seller or the price goes down. That's how it works.

Simply buying a contract of Crude or Gasoline does not guarantee that you will sell it for more.

When a contract comes to delivery date it goes to an actual user. Whoever has the contract receives the commodity.

By that time speculators a largely cancelled out.

It's convenient and easy to blame futures traders, but something else is going on here, also.

There is plenty of supply, and the producers are holding back knowing full well demand is not going to lessen. why else do you think we are ignoring oil shale, offshore drilling, and all the other potential sources?

Something is rotten in Denmark.

HM

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.