1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Showing Respect for God's Creatures

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by crusha, Jan 16, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. crusha

crusha TS Member

Showing Respect for God

Get some.

2. dodge ram

dodge ram Member

what a bunch of jerks.

3. crusha

crusha TS Member

I cannot see how a bunch of guys riding around in a helicopter shooting feral pigs could be considered jerks?

They're providing a service to humanity!

4. Brian in Oregon

Brian in Oregon Well-Known Member

Deplorable Bitter Clinger in Liberal La La Land
    Feral pigs are highly destructive of both domestic and wild animal habitat, and they're very difficult to hunt by ordinary means.

I have no problem whatsoever with controlling feral pigs via the use of aircraft.

The bunny huggers who pimp this up to be non-sporting apparently do not understand that controlling feral pigs has nothing to do with sport. It is about controlling their population and hopefully eradicating them using an effective means.

A friend of mine was hired by the feds to eliminate carp from a large lake via the use of an air boat. The boat was head into the shallows, then do a fast 360, with the prop blowing water onto shore. He had to shoot as many carp as possible before the water rushed back. He spent an entire summer doing this. The fore4nd on the rifles would get so hot they had to be dipped in the lake to cool them off. Now, is that sporting? Probably not. But it was an effective means of eliminating an out of control carp population without having to resort to poison. Poison would have killed all other fish, and would have affected numerous species of waterfowl as well.

And it's ironic that many PETA types want domestic livestock eliminated, yet whine when feral livestock are killed.

The bunny huggers need to stop and learn something about the realities of animal control before they ignorantly go shooting their mouths off. But that will never happen. Most are too arrogant to learn anything.

5. Catpower

Catpower Molon Labe TS Supporters

Buzz and Brian are right the damn pigs are a real PITA, I wish I could afford to shoot them out of a chopper,but I would be worse than I am on the ground, but it would be fun

6. crusha

crusha TS Member

So what caliber you reckon he's using? It looks like an AR-type rifle, and puffs of dirt behind the pigs are evident from several shots that passed through the animals.

7. short shucker

short shucker TS Member

They ought to get the guy that owns Dillon to get his vintage jet fighter out with fully operational machine guns. The wing camera footage would be a dandy.

ss

8. stokinpls

stokinpls Well-Known Member

Looks about as dangerous for both to me.

9. KRK32

KRK32 Member

This thread should have been titled " Funner than Killin chickens." Looks like a good time and solves a problem too. Kirk

10. WesleyB

WesleyB Well-Known Member

Those hogs are pests.... crop distroying. They can distroy 40-60 acres a night.
    If they were not pest.. I would agree on not controlling but they breed almost as fast as rabbits and several times over more distructive.

11. Setterman

Setterman Well-Known Member

dodge ram, why don't you ram that right where the sun don't shine. Shoot those ba==trds before they get into my state!

12. squirrelkiller

squirrelkiller TS Member

Those hogs are no different than a mouse in your house, a rat in a shed or fricking beavers in the creek. Eliminate the problem. I'm sure they have a place, but not on my place.

13. blkcloud

blkcloud Active Member

Watch this video of this poor old dirt farmer and you will change your tune pretty danged quick!

14. noknock1

noknock1 Active Member

Good informaton here...

15. Tripod

Tripod Well-Known Member

Are e coli bacteria Gods creatures?

16. Auctioneer

Auctioneer Well-Known Member

HERE I AM AND HERE I GO. SHOOT THOSE DAMN PIGS AND AS MEANY AS YOU CAN. Take my word on it. They will not be and endangered animal any time soon. I farmed for a while and between the bank, weather, repairs, stock prices, equipment replacement and so on the farmer is screwed any way he goes. If you don't think the pig needs to be shot then take a summer job working on a farm where there are wild pigs. Your pay will be a % of the crop. After you see your pay going down the throat and out the other end of the pig you will be begging for a rifle. Flying around in a copper is a great way to help control the pigs and to get them to come out of the brush. I would like to try that. It is not a hunt but a management of the pigs.

17. CalvinMD

CalvinMD Well-Known Member

Gladly...the camper is loaded with guns grub and ammo....anybody out there want some piggy killing...I'm your man...fire up the BBQ

18. LWLarson

LWLarson Member

EE...

I spent half my life raising beef... The only tofu I know of may be betwixt your ears... You missed about 90% of the points in that thread, and never answered the questions directed your way... Far as I'm concerned you can k*** my hairy white EE..... You ought to know what that is since everybody has one....

By the way... I bet those pigs would bbq up nicely...

LWL

19. copper

copper Member

I don,t think making films like this is a very good idea people will use it against hunters and guns , they will leave out what harm the pigs do I agree with killing them just you have to realize if shown to a classs room how comes across, I remember there was a film years ago on TV that showed guys hunting deer with a hand gun in a fence era shoot deer like six times close range was a anti hunter deal, I had to exslain for years to non hunters was a crap film not hunting or hunters are not like that, Dave

20. Auctioneer

Auctioneer Well-Known Member

Copper, I don't know if I saw the same film or not but I have seen those hunts on TV before. I want nothing to do with that BS FENCED IN SO CALLED HUNT. It is not a hunt but a insult to the animal and the event of hunting. The pigs can run and go to brush. There are far to many of them and they do have to be reduced in numbers. If a copper is the tool to be used then so be it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.