1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

SHOW YOUR MX3S...Here

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by JACK, Oct 23, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JACK

JACK Well-Known Member Supporting Vendor

I liked the recent pictorials of your guns. the alf and cole come to mind. Here is my MX3. In its imperfect state and yet a very proud target breaker.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    Upon closer inspection you see taht the stock has a tang crack repaired by Doug Braker and me...
    [​IMG]
    And a long repaired crack in the forend as it was when I acquired the gun a couple of years ago.
    [​IMG]
    the stock is one i had around, the trigger is a later acquisition and is a DR Allor. i did add Briley thinwalls and the .020 improved my singles scores, and the LF of about .032 breaks targets well from the 26. I have about 4000 ATA targets with this gun. Wife will not let me sell it. But building a MX15 now to shoot anyway.

SHOW US YOUR MX3s

2. JACK

my buddy Dave now owns one of Bart's refurbs that he got metal from me. Hope to see that show up once again.

3. rhymeswithorange

rhymeswithorange Member

Here it is, my MX3 with metal that once belonged to MIA. The metal is perfect, Giacomo re-blued. Choked 37 thousandths. Bart (great guy to deal with) restocked it with a really nice piece of wood. My Dad broke his first registered targets with it at our first Grand this year. I'm shooting a MX2005 so its sitting waiting for my Dad to shoot it this summer and for my son when he gets older. Sorry about poor picture quality.

Dave Eberhart

[​IMG]

4. JACK

thanks D. I've had quite a number of MX3s pass thru my hands in the past year. have one left with orig constriction in the bbl. if someone wants it pm me. have a nice case coming in this week for it. send me an email if you want pics of gun and case.

5. JACK

Cain
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

6. flabigpapa

flabigpapa Well-Known Member

Mia, Thanks for original set of parts...David, Glad that Dad is Shooting well. Richard, You always have something going...Give my Best to Jim. Here
    is MX3 and MX7...For SALE...if there are any Takers. Shoot Well...Shoot Often
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

7. miketmx

miketmx Well-Known Member

Jack, thanks for posting the pictures of my MX3. It actually has a universal top single barrel that will fit either the round monobloc or the square monobloc like an MX8. Note the false under barrel is longer beyond the end of the forend and wears a 3 oz stick on barrel weight. My Poor Man's hockey tape palm swell and cheapskate's adjustable soft comb make this gun a real shooter instead of a closet queen.

8. roofcutter1

roofcutter1 TS Member

This is my MX3 Special build gun after a three year lay off from shooting. Prosoft fitted stock by Phil Simms, zero recoil!! Thanks for looking, Bob Murray

9. EuroJoe

EuroJoe TS Supporters TS Supporters

Is my MX-11 permitted, Jack??

10. JACK

joe. absolutely. lok fwd to seeing it

11. W.P.T.

W.P.T. TS Member

Hey Jack,

I got an MX-3 combo thats like new, that I got from a guy who never told me it was for a lefty if you anyone looking for a nice one ... I never even shot the thing ... I also have 7 other guns that I am going to be putting on here pretty soon at some great prices so if you know anyone looking for some great deals let me know ... I might keep the 90-T High rib for myself out of that bunch which will mean my TMX will be going bye bye also ... WPT ... (YAC) ...

12. Tatanka Donk

Tatanka Donk Active Member

[​IMG]

MX3 Special ORO mid 80's

13. JACK

Dear "Smokin What?" Show us your MX3!

14. JACK

That "soft-shooting" stuff is often a by-product of a non-monte carlo stock. I won't poo-poo monte carlo design, but it is usually easier for a shooter to learn the ropes on a strate stock. But we insist that youngsters (in particular) use a funky bean.

Nice verk Jose. how much for the stock refinish? Eh?

15. vdt

vdt Active Member

1984 MX-3-C ,P.F.S. one of my Custom Made Cheek Peices ,had the single barrel and receiver 80 Rock hard chromed [D& B Metal Finishing,in Mi.dandbmetalfishing@yahoo.com ],made my own forend for it ,taking it with me ....when... i go

16. JACK

WOW! you guys are really impressing me. I hope some of the other MX3 owners are at least watching this. Vinny, I like what you have done. Too I like the hard chrome. I'm not sue I'd be capable of fitting that stuff and too I doubt that my Briley thin walls would work with chrome but I like your gun a lot.

Joe. Too, you have performed well. Good for you

Thanks to both of you guys and your MX3s. Truly, they are one of the easiest guns to handle. Combination of weight, balance and simple receiver.

I have a new fluted forend coming in that will go on my MX3. Then it will have wood on it similar to a MX3 Special. My old one will not be for sale.

17. vdt

vdt Active Member

Jack ,the chrome does not go down barrel ,never need to re blued i have had it blued 4 times since new ,this chrome will never come off and will never rust,it also fills in some of the imperfections too,should look at D&B webs sight good price too

18. W.P.T.

W.P.T. TS Member

[​IMG]

I picked this little Gem up from Jack ... WPT ... (YAC) ...

19. JACK

joe. I'll buy the O/us

And this is "EuroJoes" Pigeon gun. Lovely Bill Mains gold line.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

20. JACK

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.