1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Show us your 100K winning gun

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by short shucker, Jul 29, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. short shucker

short shucker TS Member

With all the talk of the upcoming Grand American and the 100K that's up for grabs, I though it would be a great time to show everyone your 100K winning gun.

This is my 100K winning gun.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I've been engineering this one for quite some time. It's a Winchester SuperX-2 with a 60" barrel (longer sighting plane) and ported the last 2'(to reduce muzzle fip and recoil of course). The muzzle heaviness helps the follow through so I don't revert to my usual spot shooting technique. I did go ahead and install one of Tom Morton's shell catchers so I wouldn't disrupt the shooter to my right (this can be quickly disabled if needed). I did disguise this SX-2 in the form of a sporting clays gun so I could futher the mind games (the gun shoots 70/30 in this guise). For finishing touches, I plan on the addition of a Gold plated Comp-N-Choke out on the end of the barrel so my fellow shooters could get an eye full.

I haven't quite figured out the whole toe tag barrel rest thing yet, but I still have time.

ss

2. Jack Frost

Jack Frost TS Member

Now I see what is keeping you so busy. Now I just have to ask if this works alright with standard velocity shells or does it have a special diet requirement? All the best. Here is my current project that is sure to get that $100k when in the hands of my Grandson Albert.
    [​IMG]

3. ccw1911

ccw1911 Member

Mossy are unfair I know.

4. Oregunner

Oregunner Well-Known Member

I just bought a Mossberg 500 Trap like this one at a gun show last weekend. I like to collect and shoot entry level trap guns. Mine has a monte carlo stock. Some of the fun of the sport for me is the variety of guns, learning about them and shooting them. This gun , with a 30 inch barrel, simmons rib, and a full screw in choke, reached right out there and busted targets. Surprisingly, the trigger isn't bad either. I am not trying for the 100K :) Mark

5. cubancigar2000

cubancigar2000 Well-Known Member

Those Mossy trap guns shot very well but kick like a hungry Mule

6. senior smoke

senior smoke Well-Known Member

ccw1911:
    I would love to have you or someone else win the $100,000.00 with a Mossberg. Can you believe the talk that would cause. The only thing better would be someone winning with a J.C. Higgins. Here are my 3 guesses on who will win in order.
    1.K.Ohye
    2.Leo Harrison
    3.a 20 yarder
    Steve Balistreri

7. tumbleweed

tumbleweed Member

How about a $50 hammer gun with a wooden rib. 3/4 oz. of 8's and a fixed mod choke from the 27 yrd line. Now that's a handicap!

<a href="http://s75.photobucket.com/albums/i296/3miles/?action=view&current=IMG_0183.jpg" target="_blank"> IMG_0183.jpg </a>

<a href="http://s75.photobucket.com/albums/i296/3miles/?action=view&current=2-1.jpg" target="_blank"> 2-1.jpg </a>

8. Dougbbbb

Dougbbbb TS Supporters TS Supporters

I find it easier to take the whole trap out, only way to run a hundred.

dougbbbb_2010_160615.jpg

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.