1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.

Shout out for Duster Wads

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Snidely54, Aug 19, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Snidely54

Snidely54 Member

I must give a shout out for Duster Wads. I had a minor problem, in that I found a few plastic plug in a bag of wads. I called their office just to see if this was a ongoing issue. I talked with Sharon, the office manager and she was very appreciative of my input. She said it must have been a glitch when they went through a machine changeover sometime back. She was a true pleasure deal with,honest and straight-forward. One week later I received a bag of 500 Green Duster wads in the mail, which wasn't necessary, as I' am a huge fan of their products. Now a huge fan of their business ethics. BUY DUSTERS!!!
  2. skeet_man

skeet_man Well-Known Member

I'm a fan of Duster wads as well. They are now my preferred wad in the AAHS 28ga hull. They seem to be more consistent than the Claybuster clone, and are about 1/2 the price of the factory wads. They aren't quite as bulky as the factory wad, but are more so than the Claybuster, so that helps fill out the hull better with the powder I use.

Its a toss up b/w them and the RXP 20 in the 20ga STS hull, mainly because when you factor in shipping, its only a couple bucks more per case for me to buy RXPs locally, but the Dusters produce a better looking and more aesthetically consistent load.

The only viable source for Dusters for me is Recobs, and unless I can put together a large order, the shipping eats most of the savings. I am shooting orange dusters right now in the 20 quite a bit since the RXP20s are quite hard to find at the moment but will probably switch back again when the supply opens up. I just ordered a case of the 20s and a case of the 28s to split b/w me and a couple friends, so that helps mitigate the shipping. A case was like $15 shipping, 2 cases was around $20.
  3. MDMike

MDMike TS Member

Skeet man, can I ask what powder you are using with the AAHS's and the Duster wads. I am currently using the Claybuster clone of the AAHS wad and I have an interest in using Duster wads after reviewing the Alliant data on the Duster website. Thanks, Mike....
  4. skeet_man

skeet_man Well-Known Member

Universal Clays
  5. deercreek

deercreek Active Member

Nearly all of my plastic fouling problems ceased when I switched to Duster wads. I had used Claybuster for many years and I am thankful for what they caused in the price drop of wads in general, but I am glad I made the switch.
  6. kgp912kgp

kgp912kgp Member

I too am a supporter and buyer of Dusters. Great service and products. On my 2nd case of Green Dusters and just recieved my first case of the Clear Dusters.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.