1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

* SHOULDER REPLACEMENT SURGERY *

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by jt4emert, Aug 7, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jt4emert

jt4emert Member

I will be having TJR/ RIGHT shoulder (shoulder replacement surgery) of my right shoulder at the end of August. I have met several trapshooters that have had this surgery that are still shooting and would like to know their experience. Any input on rehab, how long before you were able to shoot, ETC, ETC will be appreciated. Barry Roach, if you can give me a call (602-616-2009) I know you've got two of these metal beauties. AZ Jim

2. GOON305

GOON305 Member

I havent had an actual "replacement" but i have a whole bunch of wire, screws and cadaver parts in my right shoulder. i didnt get a replacement as i would have had to retire from my job as a firefighter. Anyway.. I was back at it in about 2 months. i must tell you that the physical therapy that some people think is bunk, is probaly the most important part of the entire proceedure in my opinion.

3. Barry C. Roach

Barry C. Roach Well-Known Member

I'm at the Grand Jim but will call you soon. Lot's of fun ahead but you'll do just fine. Actually, you should look forward to the replacement. It will never be the same but you will be able to shoot with proficiency again. Talk to you later buddy.

4. Big Jack

Big Jack Well-Known Member

Jim, I'm not familier with your type of surgery but after two botched surgeries on my right shoulder they installed a reverse shoulder (look it up on the internet)in place of the original or what was left of it. At the surgeons suggestion, considering all the hardware, I switched to shooting left handed after recuperation. The change wasn't real easy but it's getting better each time I shoot. Drop me a line if I can offer any help.

Big Jack

5. recurvyarcher

recurvyarcher Well-Known Member

I talked with someone at a party last night who had shoulder surgery. He said that (after he recovered) he went to a Stock Lock (talk with Pat McCarthy) and 1 oz loads. He said he had a rad before, but the Stock Lock was better on his shoulder.

6. Hauser

Hauser Member

I had my right shoulder replaced 6 years ago. The surgeon said I could return to shooting as soon as I wanted. I installed two sorbothene pads in a shooting vest and began shooting 2 weeks following surgery. It hurt but I had more problem with fatigue.

Jerry Hauser

7. jt4emert

jt4emert Member

Thanks for the input everyone, much appreciated. Az Jim

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.