1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Shoulder pain..again.. bone spur..

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by blkcloud, Feb 28, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. blkcloud

blkcloud Active Member

Sometime ago I posted about having shoulder pain..well.. now on top of my shoulder (square in line where I mount my gun...) I have a knot coming up.. its about the diameter of one of those hard rubber balls.. the type you get out of a candy machine.. I'm sure its a bone spur.. My question.. is a bone spur one of those deals where the quicker you get it fixed the better off you are or can you let it go for a while? how long are normal recovery times? we will be starting our spring league here shortly.. thanks!

2. grntitan

grntitan Well-Known Member

Yes they can get worse. Get it done soon. My Shoulder Doc said they can be very harmful to the Tendons and muscles. They can actually act as a file or knife and wear on the Rotator Cuff. Having the same issue myself. Shoulder is very sore depending on activity. Mine sounds like a coffee grinder. Had some spurs removed in 2009 and they are back again. The spurs are from Arthritis.

Recovery time is based on alot of variables. It took me a couple months to be back doing what i like to do.

Have a Shoulder Doc check it out. You will have to get X-Rays and MRI.

Matt

3. Hawk46

Hawk46 TS Member

What Matt said. Had a spur removed last June which wasn't healing right in spite of rehab. They busted it back up ("manipulation" is their term) and I started rehabbing on my own. Not as radical as my therapist Quasimoto, but more frequently. Had my motion restored about 60 days after that, still rehabbing away the remaining pain. Recovery time varies. My experience was not good but I'm 64 with diabetes which can delay recovery. I'd say get it done before it makes something else worse, and rehab like crazy to the max you can tolerate without having to skip a day due to soreness. Worked for me. Good luck!

4. trapshooterjoe7

trapshooterjoe7 Member

Get it fixed ASAP, My buddy let one go and it cut the tendon. Joe

5. Bruce Specht

Bruce Specht Well-Known Member

After my third shoulder surgery (left shoulder) I developed a bone spur that was brusing my rotator cuff. Had it removed and the pain went away, that was 4th of five surgeris on the shoulder. I'm happ to say that I am pain free with a 90% range of motion. The sooner it is removed the less damage and scar tissue there will be.

6. blkcloud

blkcloud Active Member

Well.. I have a "raised collar bone.." said the doc.. nothing to worry about until the pain gets so bad you cant live with it.. then he said when it does he could cut 1/4 inch off the top of my bone.. a lot better news than i was expecting.. thanks guys!

7. blade819

blade819 Well-Known Member

Go read my posts from last year. January 2010 I had a torn Labrum repaired, a torn biecep repaires but the Dr. told me that the biggest pain came from 2 bone spurs. They trimmed 3/8 inch on my collarbone off. 16 months later.... still a little pain that was guaranteed to never go away but I can shoot.

blade819

8. Barry C. Roach

Barry C. Roach Well-Known Member

How does a collar bone just become raised. I'd look for a bone cancer doc.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.