1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

SHOULD THERE BE MANDATORY YARDAGE REDUCTIONS?

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by senior smoke, Mar 5, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. senior smoke

senior smoke Well-Known Member

HELLO:
    When I first started shooting in 1970,any shooter who had reached the 27 yard line and was AA27AA was considered one of the best in the game, and deserved and in most cases received most fellow shooters respect, as it should be. At that time, we had 3 hole targets, and now we have gone to 2 hole targets. I remember a few years back when the ATA went back to 3 hole targets for 1 year. I knew some 27 yard shooters that were offered yardage reductions at that time, and most of them took their reductions, but some felt that it took many years to get to the 27, and they have no intention of giving that yardage up, regardless if their handicap average is not competitive from the 27. What do you think, should yardage reductions be mandatory? Are there any benefits having mandatory reductions?
    Steve Balistreri

2. trucker1

trucker1 TS Member

NO took a long time and lots of money to get to stand on 27

3. jhoward

jhoward Member

Why would you force someone to move up? If they want to shoot at a yardage where they are not competitive, that's their choice.

4. jdsfarms

jdsfarms Well-Known Member

No they should not be mandatory but if you don't take them you should never complain about the handicap system.But I do think there would be more options played if they were mandatory because if a shooter is refusing reductions they are probably not very competetive there and not playing many options,but when they do the donations are appreciated.:eek:)Jerry

5. Hap MecTweaks

Hap MecTweaks Well-Known Member

NO to mandatory reductions as things now stand! Should there be a 30 yard line somewhere down the road, then yes, but only for those at the 30 yard line if they can't cut the mustard there!! Also no cheap punches to the new barrier, major wins only! That's my thoughts on mandatory reductions.

Hap

6. oleolliedawg

oleolliedawg Banned User Banned

Why should a 20yd. Class B shooter care where I stand!!

7. federal paper

federal paper TS Member

And get rid of that no closer than 24 after 27 to. If i gonna move up i want real up.

8. Rastoff

Rastoff Active Member

Why would you care if they move up or not? It's not hurting anyone but themselves.

9. phirel

phirel TS Member

They should be mandatory but not in the way most envision. When I start on the 27 and break less than 23 on the first field, I should be required to shoot the next field from the 24. Less than 23 on the second field, up I go to the 21. I could end up on the 19 by the last field. Sounds fair to me. Also if I end up on the 19 and others on the squad are still on the 27, I should be required to squat down while they shoot if the targets are set a little low.

Pat Ireland

10. 682LINY

682LINY Member

I think I will be up for a reduction,,,Right before the Grand,, what great timing

11. BIGDON

BIGDON Well-Known Member

Same BS different day.

Don

12. short shucker

short shucker TS Member

Jerry,

Those that move forward better be adept to ducking. Lol.

ss

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.